Need all the help I can get.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
DW is in the operating room again, as I type this. A CAT scan was done this morning on her abdomen, and multiple lesions were found. She has to be opened up and the lesions cleaned to eliminate the infections. She was supposed to go into surgery at about 5 p.m., but the surgeries that were before hers took long times. She wasn't taken down until 11:30 p.m. I then went to the store as visiting hours were long over, and she will sleep the remainder of the night. I stayed with her from 9 a.m. this morning until 11:30 p.m. and was a bit tired, and hungry. Picked up a can of chili that a store clerk said was pretty good. It was terrible, had cloves in it and meat that was the size and texture of sawdust grains. But it filled the belly, and I've taken my meds and am heading for bed.

I hope all of you had a better day than I did. Keep the prayers coming, they really help. And thanks for the support.

Seeeeeeya; One Tired Chief Shortwind of the North, for tonight at least.

So sorry to hear she's had a bit of a setback, Chief. Continued healing thoughts and prayers going out to both of you. :angel::wub:

I don't know about her meals or what she is able to eat, but are you able to get meals from the hospital kitchen delivered up to you in her room? It will cost a few bucks, but it's better than a can of bad chili from a convenience store. I spent many days/evenings with my mom when she was hospitalized, and was able to get hospital meals. I also brought some food from home sometimes, even if it was an egg salad sandwich or tuna and crackers. Again, I don't know of your circumstances but wishing you the best and a speedy recovery for DW.

Last edited:
DW is in the operating room again, as I type this. A CAT scan was done this morning on her abdomen, and multiple lesions were found. She has to be opened up and the lesions cleaned to eliminate the infections. She was supposed to go into surgery at about 5 p.m., but the surgeries that were before hers took long times. She wasn't taken down until 11:30 p.m. I then went to the store as visiting hours were long over, and she will sleep the remainder of the night. I stayed with her from 9 a.m. this morning until 11:30 p.m. and was a bit tired, and hungry. Picked up a can of chili that a store clerk said was pretty good. It was terrible, had cloves in it and meat that was the size and texture of sawdust grains. But it filled the belly, and I've taken my meds and am heading for bed.

I hope all of you had a better day than I did. Keep the prayers coming, they really help. And thanks for the support.

:angel: That one is for you. :angel::angel: And those two are for your wife. Everyone needs a guardian angel to look after us.

Chief, it sounds like they are right on top of any potential problems. And that is a good thing. Don't let yourself get overtired. You can't be at your best for your wife if you do.

Just remember, you have a lot of people praying not only for your wife, but for you also.

Every so often God sends a test. And it seems like this one is yours. But I have faith in you and God. I know you and your wife are going to pass this test with flying colors. Get some rest and remember we all love you and are continuing our prayers for the both of you. :angel:

DW is in the operating room again, as I type this...
Chief, I hope this is a short dance of "two steps forward, one step back". I'm sad to see she's had this hiccup that has you worried more. You know we've got your six, and we'll be praying her home, healthy and sound. And I am being very specific in my prayers to let Him know I mean YOUR home and not His. ;)

Hang in there, Chief. Hope your update tomorrow is all about how much better your DH is after this touch-up.

When I went in this morning, she could hardly breath. Her breaths were shallow, she was running a fever, her blood pressure was again low, and she was in some distress. Yeh, I was pretty shaken up. She was again intubated, and tubes fed her veins antibiotics, nourishment, and medicines to help her. She remained sluggish, and mostly asleep through the day. I kept reminding myself of the words of the blessings she had received, and my faith helped sustain me. I prayed that the prayers, and the work the medical staff was doing would sustain DW. It did. She is again growing stronger. The fever is gone, and the extra fluid in her body is being removed. Her breathing, though still assisted, is noticeably stronger. She's coming back to me yet again.

Thank you all for your prayers and support. I know that this challenge has strengthened the love I have for my DW, and she knows how much I've been by her side. Our faith is stronger, and our love of each other is stronger, and our love and appreciation of out kids is stronger. I didn't think that it was possible for that to happen. I already loved them more than life. But it has. It has focused the strength of our family, and taught us that we have amazing friends and family, including all of you. She still has a difficult road ahead, but we will reach the desired destination. Count on it.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Chief, I'm glad to hear she's turned the corner. I figured she would, she has you to come home to.

Chief, rest in knowing that every person who is following your wife's progress is sending prayers to God and He is hearing them. The prayers continue and will do so until you tell us about the day you bring her home. You have the love and prayers of not only friends here at DC, but your family also.

We can't be there physically, but be rest assured our hearts are with you during this trying time. :angel:

Oh such good news! I didn't see this sooner, and this is great news.

I'm praying for both of you! Hang in there friend, and keep us posted ok?

Somehow my post ended up where it shouldn't be. I am sorry and I am holding you close in my prayers. I am so sorry my post ended up badly.

I was out of town with almost no internet service, so I am totally out of what is going on. I hope things are better.

Her fever is gone tonight, and her white blood cell count is good. Her kidneys are working, and she's getting stronger every day. Her breathing was easier today as well. They moved her to a chair for a little while, and started therapy, testing her limb strength, and ability to move. She can't stand yet, but the therapists stated that it was pretty normal, as she was flat on her back for two weeks.

Again, thank you for your caring support, everybody, and I mean that.

Seeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Oh, Chief, we love hearing good news! Hang in there, buddy! Kudos to Mrs. Chief, stay strong!

Aw, Chief, glad to hear she's getting better. This report is the best one yet. Before you know it, she'll be home giving orders to you...and you'll love every moment of it! :heart:

Gosh, I'm sorry...I pray she'll be better soon.

Her fever is gone tonight, and her white blood cell count is good. Her kidneys are working, and she's getting stronger every day. Her breathing was easier today as well. They moved her to a chair for a little while, and started therapy, testing her limb strength, and ability to move. She can't stand yet, but the therapists stated that it was pretty normal, as she was flat on her back for two weeks.

Again, thank you for your caring support, everybody, and I mean that.

Seeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I'm sorry I got here too late, but praying for her and you. God bless you both.

A prayer as I pray:

Father in Heaven, I come to You tonight to ask for healing for my friend's wife. Please be with her husband as he walks through this storm with her. Please bless and heal her, Father, and please guide the hands and the minds of all the doctors attending to her. Please, Father, give her the strength to recuperate and be with her precious husband. Please put Your hand upon her and be with her as she makes her journey back to us; give her strength and healing, and please be with her every moment.
In Jesus' name, I pray.
Amen

Back
Top Bottom