"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 08-08-2015, 01:38 AM   #61
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Longwind Of The North View Post
DW is in the operating room again, as I type this. A CAT scan was done this morning on her abdomen, and multiple lesions were found. She has to be opened up and the lesions cleaned to eliminate the infections. She was supposed to go into surgery at about 5 p.m., but the surgeries that were before hers took long times. She wasn't taken down until 11:30 p.m. I then went to the store as visiting hours were long over, and she will sleep the remainder of the night. I stayed with her from 9 a.m. this morning until 11:30 p.m. and was a bit tired, and hungry. Picked up a can of chili that a store clerk said was pretty good. It was terrible, had cloves in it and meat that was the size and texture of sawdust grains. But it filled the belly, and I've taken my meds and am heading for bed.

I hope all of you had a better day than I did. Keep the prayers coming, they really help. And thanks for the support.

Seeeeeeya; One Tired Chief Shortwind of the North, for tonight at least.
So sorry to hear she's had a bit of a setback, Chief. Continued healing thoughts and prayers going out to both of you.

I don't know about her meals or what she is able to eat, but are you able to get meals from the hospital kitchen delivered up to you in her room? It will cost a few bucks, but it's better than a can of bad chili from a convenience store. I spent many days/evenings with my mom when she was hospitalized, and was able to get hospital meals. I also brought some food from home sometimes, even if it was an egg salad sandwich or tuna and crackers. Again, I don't know of your circumstances but wishing you the best and a speedy recovery for DW.

Old 08-08-2015, 02:23 AM   #62
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
DW is in the operating room again, as I type this. A CAT scan was done this morning on her abdomen, and multiple lesions were found. She has to be opened up and the lesions cleaned to eliminate the infections. She was supposed to go into surgery at about 5 p.m., but the surgeries that were before hers took long times. She wasn't taken down until 11:30 p.m. I then went to the store as visiting hours were long over, and she will sleep the remainder of the night. I stayed with her from 9 a.m. this morning until 11:30 p.m. and was a bit tired, and hungry. Picked up a can of chili that a store clerk said was pretty good. It was terrible, had cloves in it and meat that was the size and texture of sawdust grains. But it filled the belly, and I've taken my meds and am heading for bed.

I hope all of you had a better day than I did. Keep the prayers coming, they really help. And thanks for the support.

Seeeeeeya; One Tired Chief Shortwind of the North, for tonight at least.

That one is for you. And those two are for your wife. Everyone needs a guardian angel to look after us.

Chief, it sounds like they are right on top of any potential problems. And that is a good thing. Don't let yourself get overtired. You can't be at your best for your wife if you do.

Just remember, you have a lot of people praying not only for your wife, but for you also.

Every so often God sends a test. And it seems like this one is yours. But I have faith in you and God. I know you and your wife are going to pass this test with flying colors. Get some rest and remember we all love you and are continuing our prayers for the both of you.

Old 08-08-2015, 02:50 AM   #63
Master Chef

Quote:
DW is in the operating room again, as I type this...
Chief, I hope this is a short dance of "two steps forward, one step back". I'm sad to see she's had this hiccup that has you worried more. You know we've got your six, and we'll be praying her home, healthy and sound. And I am being very specific in my prayers to let Him know I mean YOUR home and not His.

Hang in there, Chief. Hope your update tomorrow is all about how much better your DH is after this touch-up.
Old 08-08-2015, 09:16 AM   #64
Chef Extraordinaire

I'm sorry she's had a setback, Chief. Sounds like she's getting great care, though. Plenty of good thoughts for you and your DW.
Old 08-08-2015, 10:52 AM   #65
Certified Pretend Chef

Sorry to hear about the setback, Chief. We'll keep you and DW in our thoughts.
Old 08-08-2015, 11:14 AM   #66
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

More healing thoughts sent, Chief.
Old 08-08-2015, 09:54 PM   #67
Master Chef

When I went in this morning, she could hardly breath. Her breaths were shallow, she was running a fever, her blood pressure was again low, and she was in some distress. Yeh, I was pretty shaken up. She was again intubated, and tubes fed her veins antibiotics, nourishment, and medicines to help her. She remained sluggish, and mostly asleep through the day. I kept reminding myself of the words of the blessings she had received, and my faith helped sustain me. I prayed that the prayers, and the work the medical staff was doing would sustain DW. It did. She is again growing stronger. The fever is gone, and the extra fluid in her body is being removed. Her breathing, though still assisted, is noticeably stronger. She's coming back to me yet again.

Thank you all for your prayers and support. I know that this challenge has strengthened the love I have for my DW, and she knows how much I've been by her side. Our faith is stronger, and our love of each other is stronger, and our love and appreciation of out kids is stronger. I didn't think that it was possible for that to happen. I already loved them more than life. But it has. It has focused the strength of our family, and taught us that we have amazing friends and family, including all of you. She still has a difficult road ahead, but we will reach the desired destination. Count on it.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 10:09 PM   #68
Certified Pretend Chef

Chief, I'm glad to hear she's turned the corner. I figured she would, she has you to come home to.
Old 08-08-2015, 10:16 PM   #69
Master Chef

^ What Andy said. ^ We're all pulling for both of you.
Old 08-08-2015, 10:34 PM   #70
Chef Extraordinaire

I'm so happy to hear that