"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 08-08-2015, 11:15 PM   #71
Chef Extraordinaire

Chief, rest in knowing that every person who is following your wife's progress is sending prayers to God and He is hearing them. The prayers continue and will do so until you tell us about the day you bring her home. You have the love and prayers of not only friends here at DC, but your family also.

We can't be there physically, but be rest assured our hearts are with you during this trying time.

Old 08-09-2015, 12:14 AM   #72
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Caring thoughts and healing vibes still be sent in you and your DW's direction. (I checked on a map.)

Old 08-09-2015, 02:02 AM   #73
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCatLady View Post
Oh such good news! I didn't see this sooner, and this is great news.

I'm praying for both of you! Hang in there friend, and keep us posted ok?
Somehow my post ended up where it shouldn't be. I am sorry and I am holding you close in my prayers. I am so sorry my post ended up badly.
Old 08-12-2015, 12:28 PM   #74
Master Chef

I was out of town with almost no internet service, so I am totally out of what is going on. I hope things are better.
Old 08-12-2015, 11:10 PM   #75
Master Chef

Her fever is gone tonight, and her white blood cell count is good. Her kidneys are working, and she's getting stronger every day. Her breathing was easier today as well. They moved her to a chair for a little while, and started therapy, testing her limb strength, and ability to move. She can't stand yet, but the therapists stated that it was pretty normal, as she was flat on her back for two weeks.

Again, thank you for your caring support, everybody, and I mean that.

Seeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 11:22 PM   #76
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Oh, Chief, we love hearing good news! Hang in there, buddy! Kudos to Mrs. Chief, stay strong!
Old 08-12-2015, 11:37 PM   #77
Master Chef

Now that is great news!
Old 08-13-2015, 12:47 AM   #78
Master Chef

Aw, Chief, glad to hear she's getting better. This report is the best one yet. Before you know it, she'll be home giving orders to you...and you'll love every moment of it!
Old 08-13-2015, 01:08 AM   #79
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Longwind Of The North View Post
DW is in the operating room again, as I type this. A CAT scan was done this morning on her abdomen, and multiple lesions were found. She has to be opened up and the lesions cleaned to eliminate the infections. She was supposed to go into surgery at about 5 p.m., but the surgeries that were before hers took long times. She wasn't taken down until 11:30 p.m. I then went to the store as visiting hours were long over, and she will sleep the remainder of the night. I stayed with her from 9 a.m. this morning until 11:30 p.m. and was a bit tired, and hungry. Picked up a can of chili that a store clerk said was pretty good. It was terrible, had cloves in it and meat that was the size and texture of sawdust grains. But it filled the belly, and I've taken my meds and am heading for bed.

I hope all of you had a better day than I did. Keep the prayers coming, they really help. And thanks for the support.

Seeeeeeya; One Tired Chief Shortwind of the North, for tonight at least.
Gosh, I'm sorry...I pray she'll be better soon.
Old 08-13-2015, 01:24 AM   #80
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Longwind Of The North View Post
Her fever is gone tonight, and her white blood cell count is good. Her kidneys are working, and she's getting stronger every day. Her breathing was easier today as well. They moved her to a chair for a little while, and started therapy, testing her limb strength, and ability to move. She can't stand yet, but the therapists stated that it was pretty normal, as she was flat on her back for two weeks.

Again, thank you for your caring support, everybody, and I mean that.

Seeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North
I'm sorry I got here too late, but praying for her and you. God bless you both.

A prayer as I pray:

Father in Heaven, I come to You tonight to ask for healing for my friend's wife. Please be with her husband as he walks through this storm with her. Please bless and heal her, Father, and please guide the hands and the minds of all the doctors attending to her. Please, Father, give her the strength to recuperate and be with her precious husband. Please put Your hand upon her and be with her as she makes her journey back to us; give her strength and healing, and please be with her every moment.
In Jesus' name, I pray.
Amen