"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 08-13-2015, 02:52 AM   #81
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Longwind Of The North View Post
Her fever is gone tonight, and her white blood cell count is good. Her kidneys are working, and she's getting stronger every day. Her breathing was easier today as well. They moved her to a chair for a little while, and started therapy, testing her limb strength, and ability to move. She can't stand yet, but the therapists stated that it was pretty normal, as she was flat on her back for two weeks.

Again, thank you for your caring support, everybody, and I mean that.

Seeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North
Yes, it will take some work for things to get back to normal for her. And with you to come home to, I'm sure she's anxious for more improvement. You've been a rock of steadiness for her. Bravo, Chief!

Old 08-13-2015, 04:05 AM   #82
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Happy thoughts, strong but gentle hugs, and prayers abound. I've readied the snowball machine and filled it with loving thoughts and kisses. Thank you for sharing, Mr. Flowers and continue to keep us posted.

Watch out! Here it comes....pazangoooo!!!!

Old 08-13-2015, 08:44 AM   #83
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Happy thoughts, strong but gentle hugs, and prayers abound. I've readied the snowball machine and filled it with loving thoughts and kisses. Thank you for sharing, Mr. Flowers and continue to keep us posted.

Watch out! Here it comes....pazangoooo!!!!
We've been catching lots of those, from lots of people. They feel so much better than actual snowballs.

Gotta take my shower and get over to see her. Having lots of vacation time, and sick leave saved up is a very good thing. It let's us be with the ones we love when it counts most.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 09:17 AM   #84
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Longwind Of The North View Post
Her fever is gone tonight, and her white blood cell count is good. Her kidneys are working, and she's getting stronger every day. Her breathing was easier today as well. They moved her to a chair for a little while, and started therapy, testing her limb strength, and ability to move. She can't stand yet, but the therapists stated that it was pretty normal, as she was flat on her back for two weeks.

Again, thank you for your caring support, everybody, and I mean that.

Chief, these are good signs. Not being able to stand is no problem. Even a healthy person who spends few days in bed will have problems to stand up. Kidneys and breathing those are important signs of improvement. I hope she is getting better. I will continue to pray for her.

Sent from my iPad using Discuss Cooking
Old 08-13-2015, 09:31 AM   #85
Master Chef

Chief, So glad to hear things are improving so much! It took me a while to catch up on all the posts since I've been without internet service for a few days. We'll keep the prayers going until she is home and healthy.
Old 08-13-2015, 10:56 AM   #86
Certified Pretend Chef

Chief, I'm so happy to hear DW is doing better. Your strength throughout has been just what she needs to get back to normal.
Old 08-18-2015, 10:25 PM   #87
Master Chef

DW has been out of intensive care for two days now, and is getting stronger every day. There are still nagging infections in her, some caused by the battery of antibiotics, some left over from the original infection, none of them very serious, and all of them being treated. Her color is back, she's started physical therapy to help give her enough muscular, and system strength to leave the hospital. It won't happen this week, but it will happen.

My prayers, and yours have been answered. But I will continue to pray as it has brought about a miracle for her and me, and my family. She was so close to death, but I have my wife back, and she will be stronger than before, all in good time.

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 10:33 PM   #88
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Hurray. Still keeping you, your DW, and family in my thoughts.
Old 08-18-2015, 10:52 PM   #89
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Good to hear, Chief! Hang in there, Mrs. Chief, we're all pulling for you!
Old 08-18-2015, 11:13 PM   #90
Chef Extraordinaire

So happy to hear that, Chief