Need all the help I can get.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Her fever is gone tonight, and her white blood cell count is good. Her kidneys are working, and she's getting stronger every day. Her breathing was easier today as well. They moved her to a chair for a little while, and started therapy, testing her limb strength, and ability to move. She can't stand yet, but the therapists stated that it was pretty normal, as she was flat on her back for two weeks.

Again, thank you for your caring support, everybody, and I mean that.

Seeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Yes, it will take some work for things to get back to normal for her. And with you to come home to, I'm sure she's anxious for more improvement. You've been a rock of steadiness for her. Bravo, Chief! :clap:

Happy thoughts, strong but gentle hugs, and prayers abound. I've readied the snowball machine and filled it with loving thoughts and kisses. Thank you for sharing, Mr. Flowers and continue to keep us posted.

Watch out! Here it comes....pazangoooo!!!!

Happy thoughts, strong but gentle hugs, and prayers abound. I've readied the snowball machine and filled it with loving thoughts and kisses. Thank you for sharing, Mr. Flowers and continue to keep us posted.

Watch out! Here it comes....pazangoooo!!!!

We've been catching lots of those, from lots of people. They feel so much better than actual snowballs.:LOL:

Gotta take my shower and get over to see her. Having lots of vacation time, and sick leave saved up is a very good thing. It let's us be with the ones we love when it counts most.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Her fever is gone tonight, and her white blood cell count is good. Her kidneys are working, and she's getting stronger every day. Her breathing was easier today as well. They moved her to a chair for a little while, and started therapy, testing her limb strength, and ability to move. She can't stand yet, but the therapists stated that it was pretty normal, as she was flat on her back for two weeks.

Again, thank you for your caring support, everybody, and I mean that.

Chief, these are good signs. Not being able to stand is no problem. Even a healthy person who spends few days in bed will have problems to stand up. Kidneys and breathing those are important signs of improvement. I hope she is getting better. I will continue to pray for her.

Sent from my iPad using Discuss Cooking

Chief, So glad to hear things are improving so much! It took me a while to catch up on all the posts since I've been without internet service for a few days. We'll keep the prayers going until she is home and healthy.

Chief, I'm so happy to hear DW is doing better. Your strength throughout has been just what she needs to get back to normal.

DW has been out of intensive care for two days now, and is getting stronger every day. There are still nagging infections in her, some caused by the battery of antibiotics, some left over from the original infection, none of them very serious, and all of them being treated. Her color is back, she's started physical therapy to help give her enough muscular, and system strength to leave the hospital. It won't happen this week, but it will happen.

My prayers, and yours have been answered. But I will continue to pray as it has brought about a miracle for her and me, and my family. She was so close to death, but I have my wife back, and she will be stronger than before, all in good time.

Good to hear, Chief! Hang in there, Mrs. Chief, we're all pulling for you!

Oh this is such good news! Still keeping your wife in prayer, and you and your family too.

Your DW sounds like a wonderful lady. I think she is one the Proverbs talk about:

Proverbs 31:10-31King James Version (KJV)

10 Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies.

11 The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no need of spoil.

12 She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life.

13 She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands.

14 She is like the merchants' ships; she bringeth her food from afar.

15 She riseth also while it is yet night, and giveth meat to her household, and a portion to her maidens.

16 She considereth a field, and buyeth it: with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard.

17 She girdeth her loins with strength, and strengtheneth her arms.

18 She perceiveth that her merchandise is good: her candle goeth not out by night.

19 She layeth her hands to the spindle, and her hands hold the distaff.

20 She stretcheth out her hand to the poor; yea, she reacheth forth her hands to the needy.

21 She is not afraid of the snow for her household: for all her household are clothed with scarlet.

22 She maketh herself coverings of tapestry; her clothing is silk and purple.

23 Her husband is known in the gates, when he sitteth among the elders of the land.

24 She maketh fine linen, and selleth it; and delivereth girdles unto the merchant.

25 Strength and honour are her clothing; and she shall rejoice in time to come.

26 She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness.

27 She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness.

28 Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her.

29 Many daughters have done virtuously, but thou excellest them all.

30 Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the Lord, she shall be praised.

31 Give her of the fruit of her hands; and let her own works praise her in the gates.

Chief, keep on rolling with her. From what I've seen, she's a great woman and with a great man.

Bless you both, and your family too.

Last edited:
Chief, I feel like I did the day the doctor came to me and told me that they got 99% of the cancer in my daughter's brain. Such a sense of joy and relief has come over me. She is on the journey back to you. Be patient with her. She has been through so much. And so have you. Don't forget to take care of yourself also. You can't be of any use to your wife if you are not in the best of health yourself. When she takes a nap, so should you. :angel:

Have not been here for few days, having my own issues. But since we are quoting Bible here:

A psalm of David.

1 May the Lord answer you when you are in distress;
may the name of the God of Jacob protect you.
2 May he send you help from the sanctuary
and grant you support from Zion.
3 May he remember all your sacrifices
and accept your burnt offerings.
4 May he give you the desire of your heart
and make all your plans succeed.
5 May we shout for joy over your victory
and lift up our banners in the name of our God.
May the Lord grant all your requests.
6 Now this I know:
The Lord gives victory to his anointed.
He answers him from his heavenly sanctuary
with the victorious power of his right hand.
7 Some trust in chariots and some in horses,
but we trust in the name of the Lord our God.
8 They are brought to their knees and fall,
but we rise up and stand firm.
9 Lord, give victory to the king!
Answer us when we call!

It is Psalm 20. The one I've been reading for the health of your wife Chief. Hope other will join in. May she have a speedy and complete recovery.

There us no lack of genuine charity on DC. Many don't know what true charity is. I do, and I know what it is not. Charity is the love of one for another, and the expression of that love through service, prayer, and friendship. It is not necessarily giving of your physical resources. And truthfully, that kind of charity should be reserved for the needy, and poor, and coupled with desire to love one another.

Your charity is the kind of charity that both DW and I needed, and will always need. And I give the same back to all of you. You are my friends, and my brothers and sisters. We are family in spirit, in deed, and in the desire to help one another. Thank you all.

And now, my prayer is a prayer of thanks, and for my wife to be able to do the therapy, and change some of her behaviors so that she can again be strong and vibrant, so that she can participate in life to the fullest possible. Our challenges have made our union with each other as one, even stronger. I am less likely to bristle at little annoyances, am more empathetic, and more humble about the blessings I have received throughout my life.

D.C. is one of my ways to give something, hopefully of value, to all of you, and anyone else on this site. My recipes may not be the greatest recipes you have ever eaten, my advise, may not be the advise of a 5-star chef, but they are the best I know how to give. And the joy of saying congrats to someone who has succeeded in a goal is something I will always treasure.

Again, thanks to all of you, my friends, most of whom I will never get the chance to meet in person, at least not in mortality. But we are friends nonetheless.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Thank you, Chief! I am proud to be counted as your friend. I think of you as family, too! I do miss your girls, love them both. More hugs available on request.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom