Need all the help I can get.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
DW is in the hospital in critical condition. Her colon ruptured and when I found her at home (got the feeling that I needed to check on her) she was in septic shock. Called the ambulance, got her to the hospital, they said she'd had a stroke. Took her to a major hospital and that's a couple hours away. They had the problem pinpointed and had her in surgery quick. She had a second surgery to again irrigate the admomen. She's on multiple serums to keep her blood pressure up, and is stabilized. She is far from out of danger. Any prayers would be appreciated. This has been the hardest two days of my life.

Typing on this computer keyboard, seems so cold and emotionless. I can't express my feelings here, as much as you are all so wonderful and supporting.

I have learned two things above all others; My children are the most amazing people I know, and my love for my wife is deeper than I could ever express to anyone, no matter how hard I tried.

Of course your comments are welcome. But she needs prayers more than I need comments. And I think I'd get even more misty-eyed with the comments, and have a lump in my throat like a baseball. My sisters, and a cousin have been amazingly supportive as well. I am so very thankful for my family, both here and in my belief, in a Kingdom not of this mortal life.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of he North

Last edited:
Oh no, Chief! Hugs and prayers coming your way right now!!!

(((((Chief and Mrs. Chief)))))

Oh ((((Chief)))) the SousChef and I read your post together and we are sending you and your dear wife every good wish and prayers. We wish we had the right words to help you, but know that we are with you at this very scary time.

Chief, my prayer go out to her and to you, to whole family. She will get well soon. Just hang there.

Sent from my iPad using Discuss Cooking

Dear Lord, we ask that you be with this family as they go through this trial. May they feel your comfort and love during this scary time. Be with the doctors and nurses caring for their loved one. Guide their actions and decisions. Heal her quickly Lord. She still has much to give to her family. Amen.

Chief, prayers are on their way as I sit here. Jabbur that was a lovely prayer.

I am sure that every member here who has read your plea for prayers for your wife and family are sending their own right now. Hang in there, you know we all care and love you. God will look after your wife. :angel:

Chief, sending healing thoughts and best wishes to Mrs. Chief for a speedy recovery. Hang in there, and keep us posted.

In Book Of Psalms there is chapter 20. It is believed that in time of need, one should read this chapter. I am reading to ask speedy recovery for your wife Chief. Also I strongly encourage everybody here to read this chapter with me.

Chief you shall have both mine and Stevans
prayers. I know you are scared just hold onto
your faith tightly.
CharlieD I am reading chapter 20 with you.

Josie

We talk about being a family here on DC. At this time, I have received so much incredible support, and prayers for DW from so many people, some who I've never seen or met, and not just in DC. But my blood family, and my DC family and freinds from the church, from work, from so many places have offered their prayer and support. The shows me beyond a shadow of a doubt that the news media is wrong. There are so many more wonderful people in this world than there are bad people, and I know that we are all a family through our creator.

Thank all of you for you prayers. They mean so much more to me than you could know.

And just so you know, she is making slow, but steady progress. Again, thank you.

Seeeeeeeeya; Bob Flowers

Back
Top Bottom