Need blogging help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jkath

Hospitality Queen
Hi all -
Recently my cousin started a family blog, but now we're wondering if there's a possibility of putting our family tree on it. Anyone know of a site (like how we have the DC map here) where one can make one that is private? I've seen some, but they're all for public viewing. help!

jkath....I don't know about whether or not you could put your family tree on it and keep it private.

This is a site I've used to store my information...

PAF v5.2 Registration

...you can set it up to keep it private and you can share your tree with others if you want to. Unfort., even though I backed up my information my computer messed up and I was unable to get back into my information so I had to start re-entering all that information again. After this situation happening to me twice I gave up and refused to use it again. The best way to keep track of your information is through hard copy in my opinion.

Be careful of some of the sites you use and what information you share. Be sure that if you share your information with anyone to stress the you don't wish for them to share your families information with others without your permission.

Hope this helps!

P.S. Remember your research is only as good as your proof. Be sure to keep record of where you obtained the information.

We do have hard copies, but we wanted one that family members could just look at at their convenience.
We even have a hand-done genealogical record that traces our family back many hundred years (one great uncle has devoted decades to this). (side note - I remember a few years back, my cousin was looking through it and her face turned pale...."holy cow - I may be related to my husband!!! LOL)

What I am looking for is a free site that you can put all the info into, and then it would give you your own page. From there, it would allow only invited guests into it, that I could just place a link on our main page to.

Back
Top Bottom