"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 03-07-2008, 06:42 AM   #11
Sous Chef

Bilby, Shake and Bake. They still make them, for chicken and pork and now for your spuds. Lunchables are like portable lunches for kids; cheesefood, meat and crackers, a juice and cookie or candy bar; lil pizza crusts, sauce, pepperoni,cheese, juice, cookie or candy bar; chicken fingers, dipping sauce, cookie or candy bar and juice.

Old 03-07-2008, 06:49 AM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire

The Tim Tams were geat, Cath. I just had three. It would be hard not to finish the whole box. And yes, I bit the end off and drew some coffee up through it

The person who sent them to me is from Western Australia.... Canning Vale. I don't want to get too crazy with shipping items. There's the shipping costs to consider, but Hershey's syrup sounds like a great idea. And should hold up to the heat you folks said you are having. (That's one reason I kind of ruled out Hershey chocolate bars, Buddy). You don't have Grill Mates either? Would that be too risky because it's a spice?

Is this the Hershey's "sauce" you are speaking of?
Attached Images

Old 03-07-2008, 07:20 AM   #13
Executive Chef

Some Christmas gifts should never be mailed - DAFF
What Can't Be Mailed To Australia? - DAFF

Yeah that's the Hershey's I'm talking about. Never tried it myself but the thread on egg flips recommended that or U something which I couldn't find a price on. Wait another week or so before sending it and Autumn should really be here.

Whatever item you decide on, I'll check our local sites for it and Canning Vale is near my mum so I can easily slip into one of their local shops and see whether they have it over their way as opposed to where I am (which has nothing!!!!). I'll look up Grill Mates now and get back to you.
Old 03-07-2008, 07:35 AM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire

Thanks Bilby. I appreciate all your help.
Old 03-07-2008, 07:40 AM   #15
Executive Chef

I've had a look at the Australian McCormick site and we don't have anything marketted as Grill Mates but there are several spice mixes for bbq's listed, so if you do go down that path, you might want to have a look at the site (www.mccormicks.com.au) although they won't be named quite the same, they may still be the same blend.

Hey us Sandgropers are easier to buy for than those Easterners!! Much more limited for choices here!! LOL

And Dawn, these are our Munchables. Sounds pretty similar to the Lunchables.
Old 03-07-2008, 04:37 PM   #16
Sous Chef

Bilby, Yes those are similar to the lunchables.
Old 03-10-2008, 07:59 AM   #17
Executive Chef

Pacanis, I spoke with someone in my local gourmet store - they have heaps of different chocolate dessert syrups - and they don't stock Hershey's sauce and the inference they gave me (but didn't come out and actually say) was that they can't get it. HTH
Old 03-10-2008, 11:20 AM   #18
Chef Extraordinaire

Thanks Bilby.
If you already have lots of chocolate choices, then I'll look for something else..... unless Hershey's is so much better for some reason...
Old 03-10-2008, 10:19 PM   #19
Executive Chef

Wouldn't know as I haven't had Hershey's! Haven't had many of the other gourmet ones either but the standard ones that you get in the main grocery stores (Cottees, Dick Smith, generic Home Brands) are really dull. So even though you can get gourmet sauces, most people don't cos they are too expensive for everyday, esp if you have kids. Most people only have them when they are given to them.

Liquid smoke may be another thing. No idea when you use it as I had never heard of it til DC. I know you can get it in the East and online but have never seen it here but then, haven't really been looking very far. Probably fits more with your grilling preferences.