Need Help On Deciding?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chef Munky

Honey Badger
I'm thinking of putting together a gift bag/ box of goodies for a good friend of ours. I can't decide what idea to go with. Your input would be greatly appreciated.

It was too late for me to order in time from Swiss Colony. So I thought instead to make up my own.

Idea #1... Gift box of Italian Sausages 6 links. 6 Chicken sausages. A nice block of cheese and crackers. All arranged in a purdy box. I can get the sausages freshly made today

Idea#2... Gift Bag with a Smoked Ham, some kind of cheese that will match up nicely with it.
Crackers? a special mustard? I have disposable 1Lb loaf pans. Would some kind of cake to go with either one be over kill?

I'm lousy at picking cheeses. Need help picking one..

What would you guys do?

Thank you

Munky.

I #1...are you going to make the crackers??? That would be tremendous!

I could probably make them. Why not? The only things are I'm out of dehydrated cherry tomatoes. Maybe make another kind? Ideas?

I just remembered that I have some beautiful tins. Christmas themed to boot. Some medium sized square. I'd have to check and see if I still have the small rounds ones. They're somewhere tucked way in the back of the top cupboard. Out of sight, out of mind.. If I can't find them I do have some cute little cardboard boxes that could be subbed.

Great idea Princess! Thankies. :chef:

Munky.

I could probably make them. Why not? The only things are I'm out of dehydrated cherry tomatoes. Maybe make another kind? Ideas?

I just remembered that I have some beautiful tins. Christmas themed to boot. Some medium sized square. I'd have to check and see if I still have the small rounds ones. They're somewhere tucked way in the back of the top cupboard. Out of sight, out of mind.. If I can't find them I do have some cute little cardboard boxes that could be subbed.

Great idea Princess! Thankies. :chef:

Munky.

Onion crackers!!! And poppy seed or sesame seed.

You make such wonderful crackers! Shine your light!:)

Adding something homemade to a gift box makes it all that much more special! A nice quick bread/nut bread would be nice, but homemade crackers would be awesome and unique.

Adding something useful like a small cutting board for cheese would be nice too. (places like World Market/Cost Plus have cool stuff).

Onion crackers!!! And poppy seed or sesame seed.

You make such wonderful crackers! Shine your light!:)

Woooo, Onion Crackers. Nice idea just bought some fresh Sesame seeds.

Ok, now were talking. Now to find a good recipe for them.

Thank you! :chef:

Munky.

Almost forgot .. Editing this post..

Should the cheese be the spreadable store bought kind. Or a nice little block?
I'm not a cheese conosuer (sp) have no idea what kind to look for.

Last edited:
Adding something homemade to a gift box makes it all that much more special! A nice quick bread/nut bread would be nice, but homemade crackers would be awesome and unique.

Adding something useful like a small cutting board for cheese would be nice too. (places like World Market/Cost Plus have cool stuff).

I'll check in the bread recipe section and see if I can find something. Thinking Apple something.. Clueless on what kind would go best for this.

Swiss Colony had a real nice marbled cheese cutting board. I wanted that bad boy! It's nice looking. Unfortunately we don't have the big time stores where I live to get a nice one. Maybe the grocery store or an ethnic market might have a small one.

Great idea thank you! :chef:

Munky.

munky can make her own crackers! that is the most exciting news i've heard all day! your friends are Sooo lucky to know you--for many reasons, i'm sure, munky.:) how about some homemade coarse black pepper crackers, then? pepper crackers have the most fresh taste, with an irresistible bite to them--and great with or without toppings. christmas crackers! munky, they will be the hit of the party! (and whoever made them, of course)

you really can't go wrong with cheeses. all the ones already mentioned are good ones. you might want to add a few of the favorite spreadables also--like cheese balls( rolled in nuts), black olive tapenade, or pimento cheese spread. don't exactly know why that last is so popular--just is. hot pepper cheese is a crowd pleaser, too.
anyhow, munky, you and your homebaked crackers--the bomb!! :)

Last edited:
For those disposable loaf pans, a nice lemon poppy seed bread or some other kind that can be used for a quick breakfast and one of the spreads. :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom