Need help with North Carolina vacation.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I located a few 2BR Beachfront condos: ie, Royal Sands in Carolina Beach NC for $895/WK and Cabana Suites, $900/wk - you can take a look at availability & pics if you google Victory Beach vacation rentals or Carolina Beach NC Vacation Rentals ... [I can't post a link yet] There's lots of places. BTW, Ft. Fisher is a really nice beach to explore also. FYI, you can also call Victory at 888-256-2804. ps: I'm not a realtor, just a local tryin to help you out. We love Wilmington and the surrounding beaches - it's always relaxed and never too crowded.

Oh BT, you are going to LOVE it!! NC is beautiful. We went there and stayed 2 days on the way to W. Virginia. All the trees and landscapes!!!! I would love to go back!!

BT, I just left N.C. arrived home last Sunday night.
I agree it is a beautiful state but right now it is very hot and humid but then so is ("Joisey"..lol) I didn't go to the beach but did go to the mountains. Asheville was much cooler than Western N.C. (sorry Elf...) If you do go to the mountains stop in at my nieces German Restaurant in Black Mountain..just before you get to Asheville. But I think the little one would prefer the beach. i agree on the outer banks though.
Marge

I would also vote for the mountains - Asheville NC is cool and there are TONS of great little restaurants to eat at. Near Asheville is also Black Mountain, Grandfather Mountain, Chimney Rock and the cute little towns of Blowing Rock and Boone (home of Appalachian State). Just outside of Boone is the original Mast General Store in Valle Cruice. The Blue Ridge Parkway runs between Asheville and Boone, it is a beautiful drive. We stayed at a wonderful B&B called the Baird House in the general area.

Don't forget to check out the NC BBQ - its awesome!
NC is a great state, my husband is a "city boy" and I twist his arm to go down there but he enjoyed it alot. He especially liked Ashevile, it has an Austin Tx-ish vibe.

I just got back from a ladies' retreat at Fort Caswell on Oak Island. It is between Wilmington, NC and Myrtle Beach, SC. I can't help you with housing--sorry. But I do want to say that you should come to Charlotte or Hickory. Then kitchenelf, Maidrite, and I could meet you!

We are planning a vacation to Iowa in the next few weeks and are hoping to meet a few DC members in the eastern half of the U.S. We will contact anyone we are within traveling distance from when we get closer to the time. We plan to go to Ottumwa, Iowa, and we hope to get to Chicago, Philadelphia, Washington, DC, and who knows where else.

:)Barbara

We have a place in OBX(outer banks), in Duck, near Corolla, it is a little slice if heaven.
I highly recommend the OBX, though it has gotten a little more commercial in the past 8 or so years, it is still a great quite beach are. Lots of cool local history too with kittyhawk and all. Also a good aquarium.

Have to agree with Tatt, bucky. We just got back from Duck over the weekend. Nice little town, with lots of shopping for DW, including an outlet mall not too far away. More residential than the rentals at Kitty Hawk and Kill Devil Hill (actual Wright Bros. flight history took place there). Good eats too.
PM me if you want more info.

Don't know much about rentals but my family goes to Duck every fall. We love it there. It is not as touristy as some of the places but you can drive to many interesting venues. We've also done the Ashville/Black Mountain area. The Biltmore mansion is there as well as Montreat (Billy Graham's home town). We've enjoyed them both. You won't be sorry which ever way you go!

In my experience, most rentals, other than motels, rent by the week in OBX and other ocean areas in NC. Prices drop drastically after school starts. During the season, you will probably need a reservation long in advance. NC has a lot to offer, including the mountain areas, especially the Ashville area with Biltmore. The botanical gardens are beautiful, especially if you are into Bonzai. I would skip Idaho and spend the two weeks in NC. Driving from Jersey down 81 and through the mountains is beautiful, but it is not a week trip if you plan to end up on the beach.

Bucky I have an idea... you can go to Cameron, N.C.
find Jeff Hardy and bring him to Ohio to see me.
That's my idea and it sounds like a good one to me !!

thank you very much, everyone.

a few other things came up, so we'll be putting off the north carolina vacation until late august/september. it'll give us more time to plan things.

i think we're just heading to amish country for a few days, then to the jersey shore.

thanks again for all of the good info. i'll be pm'ing a few who responded for more details. yous guys are the best. :)

Now you are talking. Go to OBX in September after the kids go back to school. Prices are half, beaches are empty, and the weather is still good.

If you do go to the mountains stop in at my nieces German Restaurant in Black Mountain..just before you get to Asheville.
Marge

No kidding? That's your niece's restaurant? I was just there about 3 weeks ago. Right on the main drag, north side of the street?

No kidding? That's your niece's restaurant? I was just there about 3 weeks ago. Right on the main drag, north side of the street?

Yep, that's the restaurant! It's good, isn't it? Time for a road trip! :cool: Well, about an hour or so...short road trip.

Back
Top Bottom