Need Spanish Translator for Disaster Preparedness flyer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Raven

Sous Chef
Dpes anyone here know Spanish (preferably "street" Spanish as opposed to the stuff they teach us in school) well enough to help me translate a Disaster Readiness Flyer?

I could use an electronic translator, but those just do litterall translations. Like instead of "May I help you please?" it might come out "Please I Help You maybe?" nor do I want it to come out "when you hear the horse honk, hide under your monkey".

In English, the anagram for the instructions spell "D-U-C-K". Unfortunantly, in Spanish, Duck is PATO. Not sure how that would work ha ha.

The flyer is very simple, English instructions on one side and Spanish on the other.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What to do when the siren sounds.

Downstairs -
Go to the lowest possible floor in your home and to a location as close to the center of your home as possible. A bathroom or closet is ideal.

Underneath something -
Get under a heavy table or workbench if possible. A mattress or heavy blanket will also help protect you from debris.

Cover your head -
Cover your head with your hands, a heavy blanket or mattress.

Keep away from windows and glass. -
Stay away from windows, large mirrors, glass shower enclosures or any glass objects that may fall on you.

NEVER waste time by trying to open or close windows. This is an old wives tale and only serves to take precious time that you could be using to get yourself and your family to safety.

NEVER run outside to see if you can "see" the approaching storm. If a tornado is approaching your location, you may not be able to see it at all, and increase the risk of being killed or seriously injured by flying debris.

Listen to local radio or TV stations to know when it's safe to leave your place of shelter.

Create a Tornado Prepadeness Kit and keep it either in the location where you plan to take shelter in the event of a Tornado or in a location where it is easy to grab as you take shelter. (See Su equipo de suministros para la familia en caso de desastres).

Remember that the sirens are tested every Wednesday at 12:00 noon. The sirens are not tested on day's when storms are expected.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank You in advance and God Bless
~ Raven ~

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom