Neighbor "Kid" Hanging Out at Our House

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks everyone! I always said I would love to have enough money to own a huge property so that we could have lots of animals. They just make our lives so much better! Our kids grow up, which is good of course, but with our pets (and visiting pets!) we always have "kids" around.

How nice of you Bilby, to take in all those sweet animals! What you wrote reminded me of a cat that my mom ended up adopting (my daughter and I were living with them at the time). It lived down the street, but it showed up at our house one day and didn't want to leave. We knew where she lived, so we took it down there and left her. She just about beat us back to our house. So we took her back and knocked on the door. No one answered. As soon as we set her down a couple of the zillion other cats they owned started attacking her. We realized why she ran away from there, so when she beat us home again, we just let her stay.
I am also glad that fish can't get to my house as I have no river thru my property cos I seem to feed everything that crosses my threshold!!! LOL
:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

:)Barbara

There are always bowls of water outside for any visitors as well as a bowl of biscuits at night, not to mention a couple of cat beds and a kennel for any wanderer!! They wander in, eat, wander out and seldom are there any squabbles. They all know the rules of this establishment!!!

I'd rather a stray animal comes to my place where they will be tolerated and treated well, even if only fleetingly, than go bug someone that might try to trap them, or poison them or just throw stones at them, or other things that I don't want to contemplate.

Barbara, he is as cute as a button. It is a good thing he did not wander into my yard, I would have to keep him. It is a shame that is owner won't keep him home. It is not safe for him to be running around freely. He could get hit by a car or in a fight with other dogs, etc. My dog got out of the yard late last Spring and I just about went into a panic looking for him. Luckily, for me after looking for him for a half an hour he showed up.

I saw two of the dogs (this one and the one I call Little Guy) down on the road two houses down earlier today, and that worried me. It is a busier street, where people drive faster. Fortunately it is still not a very busy road most of the time (mainly when people are leaving for, and coming home from, work). I know we will never really have the boxer because he does belong to someone, but I would love to have Little Guy. We think he and "Big Guy" (they are now the same height, but Big Guy is much broader in the chest and body) are part boxer and part pitbull. They are both sweet, but there is just something about Little Guy that I love. He is so timid and all the dogs (our Cubbie included) love to hold him down and chew on him! They all play that way, but they kind of gang up on him, and I don't like that. He doesn't seem to mind because he keeps coming back for more. They are just playing, but they do get too rough sometimes. Anyway, I wouldn't mind having all of them, but we barely have room for our own dog in our small house, so I just play with them outside (and of course sometimes let the boxer in to sleep). They have started doing something really irritating (in addition to dragging everything they can find into our yard)--Whenever we come home, they jump up all over the car. In fact the boxer jumped all the way onto the hood twice, but couldn't get good footing and slid down. Not great for the car's finish, especially when James worked so hard at restoring the color and shine. I still love the little boogers, even though they can be stinkers!

:)Barbara

Very sad! Not only are they begging for love, they are begging for manners. I hate when people get an animal and don't take the time to train them and love them. Hes such a cutie! I bet he's a playful and loveable little guy.

Back
Top Bottom