Neil Diamond

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

-DEADLY SUSHI-

Washing Up
Being the 35 year old guy that I am, I like Neil Diamond. I really like his stuff. Well for the last 2 decades hes been putting out (IMO) crap. Well that all changed when I heard his newest album. 12 Songs. Thats the name.
His sound (GOOD sound) is back. Most all the songs on the CD are darn good. (In Stiff-meister tone) Neils BACK baby!! Has anyone else listened to his new stuff?
I really would like to hear your opinion. :)

I heard him sing a song from the 50s (I believe off of his new cd) last night on American Idol. I am not a BM fan - but I thought he was okay. I could see how you would really like it - being a fan. Now - Rod Stewart singing his crooner songs lately - I love that! However, I am a Rod Steward fan. I love songs from the 50s - so I could live with listening to Barry.

I grew up with Neil Diamond as my mom listened to his stuff, or at least he was played frequently on the radio. He's okay, but not on high on my list as a 30 year old.

I love Neil Diamond! Love his voice, love his songs, and I think he is very nice to look at...

I am 59, so he is on my list. but Big Dog, I pride myself in the fact that I roll with the changes. I've listened to my childrens and grandchildrens music, and always found something I liked.

Oldest daughter: Fleetwood Mac, Aeorsmith, Lynard Skynard, Led Zepplin
Youngest daughter; Bon Jovi, Motley Cru, Metallica
Grandson: Lincoln Park, Nickleback

Last edited:
I heard that his new album is quite a departure from his older stuff, and that it's getting very good reviews. His old stuff was never well received by the critics, even though audiences loved it. Though I was never a fan of his, I did hear that this is worth a listen. Even though I consider myself a bit of a music snob, I always try to be fair. They say the new album is more reflective of his more mature age, and they really liked it a lot.

BC

He's one of our favorites! Have you seen him in concert Sushi? Well worth every penny spent.

I didn't know he had a new album. I'll have to check it out. Thanks!!

( I've always like BM too)

Oh - I am soooooo embarrassed! I wasn't even drinking when I wrote that!

Deadly - so sorry! I am such a ditz:wacko: ! What kind of fool mixes up Barry Manilow and Neil Diamond!

Okay, that is a whole different ball of wax - No, I haven't heard Neil's latest cd - but I love him! PDSWife - I also saw him in concert - worth every last penny!

SizzlininIN said:
Sorry Sush......just not a fan of his.

Me either SizzlininIN. Matter of fact, I'm the first one to the volume knob or the channel changer when I hear that voice, but again, this new release is supposed to be nothing like the old Neil. I've only heard a few seconds of clips so I can't judge.

BC

Not a Fanilow - but some good 'old' humming/toe-tapping music. I still like "Lola" (or is it Copacabana?), but don't care for him. Recently saw both on tv. It is a little depressing, or funny, to see the oldies with teased hair trying to warble out a tune. Or was that Neil Sedaka? (sp) :LOL: j/k Still prefer the oldies tunes re Fanilow & the Diamond. Gimme the Stones any day. lol

Michelemarie said:
Oh - I am soooooo embarrassed! I wasn't even drinking when I wrote that!

Deadly - so sorry! I am such a ditz:wacko: ! What kind of fool mixes up Barry Manilow and Neil Diamond!

Okay, that is a whole different ball of wax - No, I haven't heard Neil's latest cd - but I love him! PDSWife - I also saw him in concert - worth every last penny!

We've seen him twice now.. and I'm ready to see him again!!! :):):):):):)

Neil Diamond is a great performer. I wish I had the opportunity to see the guy in concert. All I have is a mpeg of Will Ferell playing Neil on SNL. :neutral: BUT.... its funny! :LOL:

It's a great cd...seriously, even if you aren't a fan, you may enjoy this disc.
This is some serious pour your heart and soul in the music, music.

My favorite band, Phish, covers a few of his songs. There is nothing like hearing a jam band rock out to Cracklin Rosie.

I do like Neil though, even though I am in my 30's :LOL:. the guy does have talent. I don't think I will ever be buying any of his CD's, but if I am flipping through radio stations I might stop on one of his songs from time to time.

I got to see NW about a hundred years ago in concert (I was in my early 20s) and he was fantastic! Love him still!

2:wub:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom