"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 03-02-2008, 10:07 AM   #1
Chef Extraordinaire

Never Ask A Mississippi GrandMa

Lawyers should never ask a Mississippi grandma a question if they arenít prepared for the answer.
In a trial, a Southern small-town prosecuting attorney called his first witness, a grandmotherly, elderly woman to the stand. He approached her and asked, 'Mrs. Jones, do you know me?' She responded, 'Why, yes, I do know you, Mr. Williams. I've known you since you were a boy, and frankly, youíve been a big disappointment to me. You lie, you cheat on your wife, and you manipulate people and talk about them behind their backs. You think you're a big shot when you haven't the brains to realize youíll never amount to anything more than a two-bit paper pusher. Yes, I know you.'

The lawyer was stunned. Not knowing what else to do, he pointed across the room and asked, 'Mrs. Jones, do you know the defense attorney?'

She again replied, 'Why yes, I do. I've known Mr. Bradley since he was a
youngster, too. He's lazy, bigoted, and he has a drinking problem. He can't build a normal relationship with anyone, and his law practice is one of the worst in the entire state. Not to mention he cheated on his wife with three different women. One of them was your wife. Yes, I know him.'

The defense attorney nearly died.

The judge asked both counselors to approach the bench and, in a very quiet voice, said,
'If either of you idiots asks her if she knows me, I'll send you both to the electric chair.'

Kool-Aid...Think Before You Drink
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 10:45 AM   #2
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
Lawyers should never ask a Mississippi grandma a question if they arenít prepared for the answer.
In a trial, a Southern small-town prosecuting attorney called his first witness, a grandmotherly, elderly woman to the stand. He approached her and asked, 'Mrs. Jones, do you know me?' She responded, 'Why, yes, I do know you, Mr. Williams. I've known you since you were a boy, and frankly, youíve been a big disappointment to me. You lie, you cheat on your wife, and you manipulate people and talk about them behind their backs. You think you're a big shot when you haven't the brains to realize youíll never amount to anything more than a two-bit paper pusher. Yes, I know you.'

The lawyer was stunned. Not knowing what else to do, he pointed across the room and asked, 'Mrs. Jones, do you know the defense attorney?'

youngster, too. He's lazy, bigoted, and he has a drinking problem. He can't build a normal relationship with anyone, and his law practice is one of the worst in the entire state. Not to mention he cheated on his wife with three different women. One of them was your wife. Yes, I know him.'

The judge asked both counselors to approach the bench and, in a very quiet voice, said, 'If either of you idiots asks her if she knows me, I'll send you both to the electric chair.'

hahaha good one !

Old 03-02-2008, 11:31 AM   #3
Master Chef

I think that could work for any small town grandmother.

Every time I see our local top dog drug enforcement officer, I have to chuckle, remembering how, as a teenager, everyone called him "Weed" because he was usually stoned.
Old 03-02-2008, 11:38 AM   #4
Master Chef

That is hilarious Uncle Bob!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constance View Post

I think that could work for any small town grandmother.

Every time I see our local top dog drug enforcement officer, I have to chuckle, remembering how, as a teenager, everyone called him "Weed" because he was usually stoned.
yeap!! I would love to live in a small to town to see what kids end up as.
Old 03-02-2008, 07:03 PM   #5
Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post

The judge asked both counselors to approach the bench and, in a very quiet voice, said, 'If either of you idiots asks her if she knows me, I'll send you both to the electric chair.'
Haha, was that a joke or did it actually happen?
Old 03-02-2008, 07:08 PM   #6
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
Haha, was that a joke or did it actually happen?
It's probably happened more times than we can count.

I was watching a trial one time and when still in the jury picking stage one "grandma" stated - you don't want me 'cause if this is what is clogging up our systems it's absolutely ridiculous!!!

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 09:00 PM   #7
Master Chef

Careful what you ask for, LOL. And growing up in a small town, I know how they feel!
Old 03-02-2008, 11:48 PM   #8
Chef Extraordinaire

lol!!!!!!!!!
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 01:58 AM   #9
Executive Chef

Loved it!! Thanks for posting, Uncle Bob!
Old 03-03-2008, 08:04 PM   #10
Traveling Welcome Wagon

A few years ago James got a speeding ticket for a speed he wasn't even close to driving (I was there, and I know). When he mentioned it to his boss, his boss said he would talk to the judge's mother and it would be taken care of.

Barbara