"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 02-21-2006, 11:49 AM   #1
Master Chef

Angry Never fails.

So, there is this intersection I pass everyday, well, twice a day, once on the way to work and second time on the way home. I have to go pass thru this intersection, traveling South on the way to work and going East, coming home. In 7 years that Iíve lived in this area, I canít remember getting there on the green light. No matter what I do, travel with double/trepple posted speed, or going slow, traveling with posted speed or a little bit faster or a little bit slower. It never fails; it is always Red, always.

Old 02-21-2006, 11:53 AM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
We have quite a few lights like that here too Charlie.

Old 02-21-2006, 12:26 PM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire

charlie, are there any cop stops around? that is any police trying to catch speeders and drivers running red lights?
cops in my neighborhood will roll their vehicle back and forth over the sensors in the ground; they're often hidden from view or obscured by a building or a fence and such, causing the light to change to oncoming traffic, trying to catch people speeding through yellow lights.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 12:28 PM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
That's not very nice of them bucky.... but, I guess they are trying to keep us safe.
Old 02-21-2006, 12:37 PM   #5
Chef Extraordinaire

lol pdswife, these aren't city cops , who really do put their lives on the line. these are suburban cops. mostly responsible for harassing tax paying, law abiding (for the most part) people, while turning a blind eye to the criminals. i guess we're easier to catch.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 12:55 PM   #6
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
lol.. yeah.. we have those around here too.
Old 02-21-2006, 03:06 PM   #7
Master Chef

well, give cops a break, you know criminals they try to hide, it's not easy to catch them, we are on the other hand always stop to get our speeding ticketan.
Old 02-21-2006, 09:43 PM   #8
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to -DEADLY SUSHI-
Quote:
lol pdswife, these aren't city cops , who really do put their lives on the line. these are suburban cops. mostly responsible for harassing tax paying, law abiding (for the most part) people, while turning a blind eye to the criminals. i guess we're easier to catch.
Bucky once again you show your intelligence. They are on a money making crusade. That IS the job for many many suburban cops. I like to call them 'fund raisers'. Being very close to some police departments because of my EXXXXXX job selling 2-way radios..... I know this for a fact. The City Manager calls the Chief about funds. The Chief then allocates his people to gather funds for the city (and or county). Fact of life. Just not a good fact.
Old 02-21-2006, 09:51 PM   #9
Cooking Links Contest Winner

Send a message via Yahoo to shannon in KS
aaaaaaaahhhhhh, bucky and Deadly, through all the crazy %#%@@@ we go through every day, a fresh, and true perspective is so nice to hear sometimes... we all aren't crazy for suppressing our little thoughts in the back of our heads that we are too afraid to speak....

shannon in KS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 10:03 PM   #10
Executive Chef

I always thought they were timed(?), i.e., if one doesn't change at the right - given time, there might be a domino effect(?) of pile ups all over the place. Never gave it too much thought.