Never fails.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CharlieD

Chef Extraordinaire
So, there is this intersection I pass everyday, well, twice a day, once on the way to work and second time on the way home. I have to go pass thru this intersection, traveling South on the way to work and going East, coming home. In 7 years that I’ve lived in this area, I can’t remember getting there on the green light. No matter what I do, travel with double/trepple posted speed, or going slow, traveling with posted speed or a little bit faster or a little bit slower. It never fails; it is always Red, always. :furious:

charlie, are there any cop stops around? that is any police trying to catch speeders and drivers running red lights?
cops in my neighborhood will roll their vehicle back and forth over the sensors in the ground; they're often hidden from view or obscured by a building or a fence and such, causing the light to change to oncoming traffic, trying to catch people speeding through yellow lights.

That's not very nice of them bucky.... but, I guess they are trying to keep us safe.

lol pdswife, these aren't city cops , who really do put their lives on the line. these are suburban cops. mostly responsible for harassing tax paying, law abiding (for the most part) people, while turning a blind eye to the criminals. i guess we're easier to catch.

well, give cops a break, you know criminals they try to hide, it's not easy to catch them, we are on the other hand always stop to get our speeding ticketan.

lol pdswife, these aren't city cops , who really do put their lives on the line. these are suburban cops. mostly responsible for harassing tax paying, law abiding (for the most part) people, while turning a blind eye to the criminals. i guess we're easier to catch.

Bucky once again you show your intelligence. They are on a money making crusade. That IS the job for many many suburban cops. I like to call them 'fund raisers'. Being very close to some police departments because of my EXXXXXX job selling 2-way radios..... I know this for a fact. The City Manager calls the Chief about funds. The Chief then allocates his people to gather funds for the city (and or county). Fact of life. Just not a good fact. :glare:

aaaaaaaahhhhhh, bucky and Deadly, through all the crazy %#%@@@ we go through every day, a fresh, and true perspective is so nice to hear sometimes... we all aren't crazy for suppressing our little thoughts in the back of our heads that we are too afraid to speak.... :cool:

I always thought they were timed(?), i.e., if one doesn't change at the right - given time, there might be a domino effect(?) of pile ups all over the place. Never gave it too much thought.

Timed!!!!!!!! Bah! I have ran quite a few after sittin there like 4 minutes, 23 seconds! I need to get a tall SUV! I dunno, really, all I know is everyone else goes 3 times before I get the green! :LOL:

mish said:
I always thought they were timed(?), i.e., if one doesn't change at the right - given time, there might be a domino effect(?) of pile ups all over the place. Never gave it too much thought.

mish, that is mostly true in places like cities that have streets in a grid pattern. but it's different in suburbia, where sensors are used more to assist reduced traffic flow.

you're such a city girl... :)

how many get out of jail free cards do you have?

years ago i dated the daughter of the captain of a precinct in manhattan. i had pba, sba, and cba cards, all of which were eventually used up. :angel:

buckytom said:
how many get out of jail free cards do you have?

years ago i dated the daughter of the captain of a precinct in manhattan. i had pba, sba, and cba cards, all of which were eventually used up. :angel:

Bucky, I have no idea what your talking about! :angel: :devilish: :angel:

John

Getting back to that darn light, i think it's my luck, or rather lack of the above. I think famous Murfy (or is it Murphy) law works every time with me.

CharlieD said:
Getting back to that darn light, i think it's my luck, or rather lack of the above. I think famous Murfy (or is it Murphy) law works every time with me.

Nah. I say - jump out and pushdeebutton.

Back
Top Bottom