Never smile at a Crocodile

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

attie

Sous Chef
We have just lost another chap in one of our rivers further up the coast. Yesterday morning he walked down to check his crab pots and never returned, so far they've found his watch, one shoe, a piece of broken rope, some large crocodile tracks on the bank and two large crocodiles nearby. At this time of year we have to be very-very careful in our rivers because it's mating season and Mum's building her nest while Dad's out chasing other suitors away.
This creature [pic below] was released in the area not so long back and is still there so there's no way I would like to cross his tracks on a dark night.
2903452093_5d969d5498_o.jpg
This critter is over 6M [20ft] long ------ and eats people:ohmy:

Oh wow, no way one man is going to wrestle him into submission!:ohmy:

I hope you weren't serious about a friend of yours being possibly eaten?? :ermm:

Holy Ca moly!!! We also have gator problems during mating season dining on people's pet and children. But this guy is HUGE!!! He's got to be ancient!!! And definately terrifying!

Oh wow, no way one man is going to wrestle him into submission!:ohmy:

I hope you weren't serious about a friend of yours being possibly eaten?? :ermm:
I didn't know the chap Dee--- but yes, he was taken by possibly this crocodile. Crocodile attacks are not uncommon in the Northern part of Australia, I have had a couple of near misses, you have to be wary of them if you camp near a creek [river] for any length of time because they are hunters, they learn your habits and stalk you as they do cattle or kangaroos that come for water. If there are crocodiles in the area it is unwise to camp on the bank of a creek or go near the waters edge at night, sometimes you can hear them calling each other, they bellow like cattle do, it's very spooky.

Back
Top Bottom