New Arrival Comes Home Today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Whiskadoodle

Executive Chef
Mme-Ada and I are pleased to announce our new arrival. Crosby is our new ten week old kitten. She traveled many roads, if only short distances, to arrive here today. She was sent to the Humane Society first along with 3 sibs, then to a rescue facility where she was turned over for a week at a foster home until her adoption could be completed. I found her by word of mouth on the first day at her foster mom's. I have been visiting her almost daily this week since we discovered each other. Her foster mom gave her a baby present-- a favorite toy and a flannel blanket ( which is really a pillow case). I had a sack of new toys waiting for both girls, and so far they are more interested in each other than toys.

My, I didn't know there are so many "rules" with adoptions. She was spayed on Friday and has little stitches on her belly and she got her shots. I had my in home environment inspection and Grilling (interview) earlier this week to make sure we are a cat friendly household. Luckily, the house was still fairly clean from the holidays. Had to give them my Vet's office so they could verify Mme-Ada's shots were up to date. Thankfully, they are. Of course, at the end, it was fork over the $ to cover expenses, which I was only too happy to do, except they wanted Paypal only. I duly set up an expedited account and as soon as that was completed, a flurry of emails were generated between the rescue office and the foster's. I picked Crosby up at High Noon. She was only a few minutes from my house and after a brief exploration which Mme-Ada watched with a wary eye, she came back in the living room and jumped up on my lap and went right to sleep. She has really loud purrs. Since then she has played with some new toys, found she can go under furniture and has had more short naps. There is only a minimum amount of hissing and no growlies from either one of them yet. I expect it will be awhile until they get to know each other. While typing this, She is sitting on my shoulder and watching the screen cursor.

I am so excited. Cigars and Cake for Everyone !!

Attachments

• Crosby.jpg
    Crosby.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 155
Whiskadoodle said:
Mme-Ada and I are pleased to announce our new arrival. Crosby is our new ten week old kitten. She traveled many roads, if only short distances, to arrive here today. She was sent to the Humane Society first along with 3 sibs, then to a rescue facility where she was turned over for a week at a foster home until her adoption could be completed. I found her by word of mouth on the first day at her foster mom's. I have been visiting her almost daily this week since we discovered each other. Her foster mom gave her a baby present-- a favorite toy and a flannel blanket ( which is really a pillow case). I had a sack of new toys waiting for both girls, and so far they are more interested in each other than toys.

My, I didn't know there are so many "rules" with adoptions. She was spayed on Friday and has little stitches on her belly and she got her shots. I had my in home environment inspection and Grilling (interview) earlier this week to make sure we are a cat friendly household. Luckily, the house was still fairly clean from the holidays. Had to give them my Vet's office so they could verify Mme-Ada's shots were up to date. Thankfully, they are. Of course, at the end, it was fork over the $ to cover expenses, which I was only too happy to do, except they wanted Paypal only. I duly set up an expedited account and as soon as that was completed, a flurry of emails were generated between the rescue office and the foster's. I picked Crosby up at High Noon. She was only a few minutes from my house and after a brief exploration which Mme-Ada watched with a wary eye, she came back in the living room and jumped up on my lap and went right to sleep. She has really loud purrs. Since then she has played with some new toys, found she can go under furniture and has had more short naps. There is only a minimum amount of hissing and no growlies from either one of them yet. I expect it will be awhile until they get to know each other. While typing this, She is sitting on my shoulder and watching the screen cursor.

I am so excited. Cigars and Cake for Everyone !!

Crosby is adorable, Whiska! Congrats! What a lucky girl, and bless you for getting a pound kitty! So where is my cigar and cake?

"So where is my cigar and cake? "

Erhm, it's an E-Cake and Ceegars. Healthier, fewer calories, and enough for everyone.

Attachments

• cigar cake.jpg
    cigar cake.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 199
Whiskadoodle said:
"So where is my cigar and cake? "

Erhm, it's an E-Cake and Ceegars. Healthier, fewer calories, and enough for everyone.

Deeeliscious! Thanks!

What a cutie, and I know she has a good home. I, too, was surprised and actually pleased when I learned that our local facility involves a lot when it comes to pet adoptions. Since I did work for a vet for a year or so, and my sis did for over a decade, I know what bad pet owners are. But, I swear, I felt like we were going for a security clearance (and yes, I've done that multiple times). The first two people I gave as references just happened to not be home. My previous vet wasn't in, and they'd retired my files for my first two doggies. So I gave two more references, who, of course, told Safe Haven that any pet we took would be the luckiest in the world.

I'm actually glad that they vette their customers the way they do. Rosebud was our first rescue dog, and heaven knows, without the help of my DC friends and my local community who knows me through my freebie columns, I'm not sure I'd have been able to do it. I still really want her to be able to play with tug toys and such, but it really does make her aggressive. You give her a toy and she immediately destroys it.
But she's turned out to be a quite docile and lovable girl.

so, how is crosby doing, one year later? what does she look like today? did she grow into her ears? (a worry of addie's, last january) we need an update...:)

Dang, I'm glad this thread floated back to the top. Looks like I missed a bunch of threads :wacko:

Very nice looking cats Whiskas! I love the ears. Makes her look like a show cat with the triangular head, which I've a fondness for.
It's never easy "adopting" a cat from a group. Heck, I'm sure I couldn't own either dogs or cats by their standards... I don't meet their rules :wacko: Go figure.

Very sweet. I'll be looking for the pics growing up.

Oh what the heck? This thread is a year old? No wonder I missed it! :LOL:
Still looking for an updated pic too, though :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom