New Dinnerware

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mish

Washing Up
Whoo-Hoo. I received my new CB2 (Crate & Barrel) catalog, and placed an order on line for some new everyday dinnerware, etc. So far

White Large square dinner plates

square bowls

square salad/dessert plates

Rectangular Wine glasses

Black with white twigs placemats

Later on I may add in some of the matching black & white rectangulars & mix 'n match.

(Upper right corner)
cb2.com / view catalog online

Here is a link to browse through the catalog:

cb2.com / select catalog

Last edited:
Barb L. said:
Those are so very nice, good choice ! Neat Catalog too !

Thanks, Barb. C&B is about the only catalgue I keep -- there's always something in there that's hard to resist. I have wanted square/rectangular dishes for awhile... so, I'm excited.

those square dinner plates- luv 'em. entrees so lovely with that plating. mine's excellent.

luvs said:
those square dinner plates- luv 'em. entrees so lovely with that plating. mine's excellent.

Me too, luvs. Food looks so much nicer, when served on pretty dinnerware. ;) My theme is black & white, so I know I'll have fun changing out the plates & placemats.

mish said:
Me too, luvs. Food looks so much nicer, when served on pretty dinnerware. ;) My theme is black & white, so I know I'll have fun changing out the plates & placemats.

me, too, mish!
my dinnerware is themed like that.
some's cheap, plenty's not..... sweeet!
attractive meals appeal so further than others.....
yours- luvs

Last edited:
mish said:
In a square pan :ermm: :-p

:LOL: :ROFLMAO: :LOL:
A square deep fry pan is on my list to find!! However; how to form and cook individual square hush puppies remains illusive at this time. :unsure: I do find the concept very interesting and shall search diligently for the answer. :ermm:

Then again the shape of a traditional round hush puppy on your square dinner plates will provide an interesting contrast in shapes in food presentation. All in all beautiful dinnerware:flowers:

New dinnerware is always so much fun!!!!!

I got myself a 47 piece set with service for 8, serving dishes, tea pot and assorted sugar and milk holders.

I have a set of square white dinner plates for special occasions.

I am really happy for your choise of dinnerware. I also get the Crate & Barrel catalog and they really have some nice things.

Square dishes should look great on your black and white placemats. Rectangular wine glasses sound really great. A nice bowl in the center of your dining table with black glass looking rocks should make a wonderful presentation.

I am so glad that your ordered all these things and they make you happy.

Uncle Bob said:
:LOL: :ROFLMAO: :LOL:
A square deep fry pan is on my list to find!! However; how to form and cook individual square hush puppies remains illusive at this time. :unsure: I do find the concept very interesting and shall search diligently for the answer. :ermm:

Easy - fill an old fashioned ice cube tray with hush puppy batter, freeze it almost solid, and drop em into the grease. Voila - hush puppy cubes! ;)

evenstranger said:
Easy - fill an old fashioned ice cube tray with hush puppy batter, freeze it almost solid, and drop em into the grease. Voila - hush puppy cubes! ;)

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I see a lot of new dishes I'd like to have, but I have so many now that it's ridiculous...full sets of Spode and antique Lennox, and all kinds of Fiesta. DH would peel my head if I bought any more.
The dishes we use for every day are white, with a little scallop on the edge, probably 1950's vintage, and we have a LOT of them. There are even individual steak platters.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom