New Game: Mondegreen For You

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I remember back in the 80s having a girlfriend singing along to Lunatic Fringe, saying "Luna take reds"...then she asked if I knew who this luna person was.

This one is really embarrassing because as a kid, I had no idea what one of the words I was singing meant and just always sang it that way. The song is Blinded By The Light by Manfred Mann's Earth Band. I thought the lyrics were:

...blinded by the lights
Wrapped up like a douche another brother in the night

The actual lyrics are:

...blinded by the light
Cut loose like a deuce another runner in the night

What's so embarrassing is not that I didn't know what douche meant but that I asked my older brother what a douche was. He got a weird look on his face and responded, "Go ask Mom." :shock: :blush: :LOL:

Do not be embarrassed plumies. I would be willing to bet that more people than not thought the same thing and I bet more than one had the same experience as you :LOL:

This one is really embarrassing because as a kid, I had no idea what one of the words I was singing meant and just always sang it that way. The song is Blinded By The Light by Manfred Mann's Earth Band. I thought the lyrics were:

...blinded by the lights

The actual lyrics are:

...blinded by the light

What's so embarrassing is not that I didn't know what douche meant but that I asked my older brother what a douche was. He got a weird look on his face and responded, "Go ask Mom." :shock: :blush: :LOL:

plumies I thought the same thing, although I knew what a douche was I was too embarrassed to sing it out loud:ohmy::LOL:

...blinded by the lights

The actual lyrics are:

...blinded by the light

I had to look up the lyrics to that song to get the words right.

Plumies I sang it so long that way I can't ever remember the right words and STILL sing it that way!

tha one blue song from eifle 69. i always thought it said "Im blue because im in need of a guy"

i remember reading about a little kid that sang "god shares his grapes with thee", instead of "god shed his grace on thee", in america the beautiful.

As a kid I thought they were singing Rotten asphalt instead of rock the casba.

I thought they were singing rock and roll hospital instead of rock and roll high school.

I know that pizza goes with broccoli, instead of I know things are getting dark for me. Ozzy - Crazy Train

LOL - let's bump it up a notch from a missed word or two ... how about a complete song that was so misunderstood that the FBI analyzed it and couldn't come up with a definitive answer as to whether it was obscene or not? What could be better than, "Louie Louie" by the Kingsmen?

Boy have things changed since then!

Here is a verse from Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody. Does anyone sing it right? I haven't a clue about the word "Bismillah".

I see a little silhouetto of a man,
Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you do the Fandango
Thunderbolt and lightning, very, very fright'ning me
(Galileo) Galileo (Galileo) Galileo, Galileo figaro
Magnifico I'm just a poor boy and nobody loves me
He's just a poor boy from a poor family,
Spare him his life from this monstrosity
Easy come, easy go, will you let me go
Bismillah! No, we will not let you go
(Let him go!) Bismillah! We will not let you go
(Let him go!) Bismillah! We will not let you go
(Let me go) Will not let you go
(Let me go) Will not let you go (Let me go) Ah
No, no, no, no, no, no, no
(Oh mama mia, mama mia) Mama mia, let me go
Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me, for me, for me

I always sang it "Ish Mille lach" and figured it was a German word or something!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom