new lil buddy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LT72884

Head Chef
img_656705_0_9284441d5f95ff879a37ab1b96225fc2.jpg

img_656705_1_9af981ad596c0f62c5e194eae833523a.jpg

We found this poor lil guy on the road, so we took him in and he is currently in rehab. We plan on releasing him in two weeks or when he learns to feed himself. We have raised 4 robins, 4 starlings, a couple others and now this sparrow named Jack, go figure. So far all of our birds that we have found that have fallen out of the nest or there mom left them, have lived. Hopefully this guy will live to. He should since there is nothing wrong with him.

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww - what a cutie and I LOVE the name!!!! :LOL:
yeah he is pretty cool and lucky to get another chance at life. He is noisy though. We feed him dry cat food soaked in water to make it soft. Plenty of protein and carbs. Now we just need to get some bugs in there and show him how to pick at them. He is a lone ranger so im not sure how to imprint certain things that he would learn from other birds. Hopefully it will be instinct to peck at bugs and what not?

I like your rigged "home" for him. It looks sturdy enough for a couple of adult sized critters.
Good luck and God bless.
You've given him a fighting chance.

You'd think it would be instinct but if not, and you have to show him, please post some pics! :mrgreen:

LOLOL, I know what your trying to do..

Maybe i should buy a puppet that looks like a bird and try and show him how to peck. Then he will learn how and be good to go.

I like your rigged "home" for him. It looks sturdy enough for a couple of adult sized critters.
Good luck and God bless.
You've given him a fighting chance.

yeah we had to figure something out quick because he can fly a little bit. originally we had him in a box but thats scary because you cant see out, so we took two shopping baskets and made him a home.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom