"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-11-2006, 05:12 PM   #31
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudbug
That Lee Anne is just too nice for her own good. Did Dave cry?
No he didn't cry. But he sure did rip into Tiffani big time. Tiffani actually left the stage for a few minutes and she broke down.

Old 05-11-2006, 06:19 PM   #32
Hospitality Queen

Mud - they're replaying that episode many times this week - check the listings. Oh my it was a goodie!!!
After seeing all the folks in a more comfortable way I've decided that Steven is a fantastic person after all. It takes a very special person to admit he was being a boorish snob, and to publicly apologize to Candace, saying he was completely at fault. Cheers to him. Andrea showed her class, as always. Never once did she put anyone down, rather, poked fun at herself (saying she was really good at getting kicked off!)
The T-Shirt! Dave getting the t-shirt with his infamous catch phrase that he said to Tiffani - classic. But the fact Tiffani wanted to take the limelight for it - egads. I love that she was finally caught in her lie.
Wonderful TV.

Ironchef- I'm so proud of you! Way to go!!!

Old 05-11-2006, 07:47 PM   #33
Executive Chef

They're going to contact those in the LA area regarding the audition location and times, if you're selected.

On a side note, here is the link for the recipes from the show if anyone is interested. I was surprised that for the majority of the recipes, they are actually quite simple.

http://www.bravotv.com/Top_Chef/Recipes/
Old 05-17-2006, 07:43 PM   #34
Executive Chef

JKath and anyone else who has been watching, don't forget part I of the season finale is tonight.
Old 05-17-2006, 08:14 PM   #35
Hospitality Queen

I cannot wait...................... All my hopes are for Harold and Dave!
Old 05-17-2006, 09:45 PM   #36
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkath
I cannot wait...................... All my hopes are for Harold and Dave!
This is the restaurant that Harold was the Sous Chef at:

http://www.theharrison.com/harrison.html
Old 05-18-2006, 12:00 AM   #37
Master Chef

I was really sorry to see Dave bite the dust before Tiffani - but when he failed to produce the 3rd dish on the 3rd order - I knew he was gone regardless of the tasting results. The way the judging went ... if he had even produced a cheese/fruit/nut plate anything to have a 3rd dish I think he would have been safe and Tiffani would have packed her knives and gone away.

But - that didn't happen.

I still think Lee Ann is more talented than Tiffani.

I've been watching this from the beginning and I've been rooting for Harold, Dave, and Lee Ann. I've watched their cooking - and their personalities - that's why these were my favs.

Given it's down to Harold and Tiffani ... I'm rooting for Harold! I just hope he can overcome his laid back attitude and adopt some of Tiffani's killer instinct!
Old 05-18-2006, 02:53 AM   #38
Hospitality Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironchef
This is the restaurant that Harold was the Sous Chef at:

http://www.theharrison.com/harrison.html
Not only a wonderful place, but their website is as impressive.

Michael, my sentiments exactly. I was yelling at the TV: Dave! You've got 45 seconds! Throw some fruit on a plate!
I can't believe she won by default. I still adore Dave.

Ironchef! Did you catch Tiffani's comments when told that the Poker Players didn't think her meal was poker-appropriate? She said something like "well, if they become better poker players, maybe they'll appreciate this kind of food" or something like that. Did you SEE who one of the players was????!
None other than Phil Helmuth himself. HA!
She'll kick herself for that one.
Old 05-18-2006, 05:01 PM   #39
Chef Extraordinaire

oh crap I missed this. Poor sweet Dave is gone? Harold better win. Tiffani's a brat.
Old 05-18-2006, 07:31 PM   #40
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkath
Not only a wonderful place, but their website is as impressive.

Michael, my sentiments exactly. I was yelling at the TV: Dave! You've got 45 seconds! Throw some fruit on a plate!
I can't believe she won by default. I still adore Dave.

Ironchef! Did you catch Tiffani's comments when told that the Poker Players didn't think her meal was poker-appropriate? She said something like "well, if they become better poker players, maybe they'll appreciate this kind of food" or something like that. Did you SEE who one of the players was????!
None other than Phil Helmuth himself. HA!
She'll kick herself for that one.
As much as I dislike Tiffani, Dave's inability to cope with pressure and perform in clutch situations is such a big issue. The fact that he could not buckle down and just put out anything, well, sorry to say but he did not deserve to advance.

Tiffani is just something else. Through all of her attitudes displayed throughout this competition, I really hope employers are smart enough not to hire her. She is one of those people who are extremely ignorant, and are actually proud of that fact.

I do think the show did lose some integrity when the judges decided to knock Lee Anne off the show. I'm sure that Tiffani brings in more ratings than any other contestant due to her attitude and the drama it brings, but the top three chefs were not in the final, and that's the bottom line. I realize that a lot of politics are involved, and there are a lot of things that they do not show us, but having Tiffani over Lee Anne is just as bad as making Bobby Flay an Iron Chef. I realize that Iron Chef America is backed by FoodTV, but Bobby Flay isn't even one of the top 15 chefs in New York City, much less the country. If anyone has noticed, after Bobby Flay got his butt kicked during his first few matches (after he beat Rick Bayless), they've made things a lot easier for him with who he faces, the "secret" ingredient, the judges, etc.