"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-19-2006, 07:14 PM   #41
Hospitality Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironchef
I do think the show did lose some integrity when the judges decided to knock Lee Anne off the show. I'm sure that Tiffani brings in more ratings than any other contestant due to her attitude and the drama it brings, but the top three chefs were not in the final, and that's the bottom line.
I bet LeAnne has had many offers since being on the show.

I would love to go to her restaurant. Of course, I'd like to know where Tiffani works in Vegas so that I can avoid it. And, if I swore in public, I'd want one of Dave's T-shirts.

Old 05-24-2006, 11:18 PM   #42
Master Chef

And the winner (Top Chef) is ... HAROLD!

Tiffani needs to learn something that was one of my Dad's favorite sayings as I was growing up ... "Be nice to the people you meet on your way up - you'll meet the same ones on your way down!" When you're trying to win a competition you really don't want to alienate the kitchen help ... although I don't think Stephen or Dave "threw" the game .... remember the high marks Dave got for HIS dessert (that Tiffani tried to take credit for ...) I don't think her philosophy of "don't talk in the kitchen" helped too much in communication between the "staff".

I think something else that "might" have helped doom her was the question about who do you cook to please - the customer or yourself. Harold tried to please both - Tiffani had the attitude that there was something wrong with you if you didn't like the way she did things. OOPS!

Come on Ironchef! Sign up and join the next battle royale!!!

Old 05-25-2006, 01:34 AM   #43
Hospitality Queen

Woo Hoo! I knew Harold could do it!

PS - MICHAEL....big oops!
check time zones before posting finale stats! I saw you'd posted on this topic, and didn't look, as it was BEFORE the show began here in California! (It just finnished airing in my time zone 4 minutes ago)

As for IC, he did apply and I think he'd make an awesome addition to the show!

I wish I had Dave's dessert recipe!
Old 05-25-2006, 01:39 AM   #44
Hospitality Queen

oh yeah!

http://www.nbcuniversalstore.com/pop...pg&h=400&w=400
Old 05-25-2006, 02:05 AM   #45
Master Chef

Oh, DRAT! Sorry jkath .... I didn't think about the time zone difference ... I was "not thinking" that it was being broadcast at different times - figured it was 10p Atlantic, 9p Central, 8p Mountain and 7p Central ...

Maybe Dave's dessert recipes will show up in a day or two? I would love to have them.

Man, would I have loved to have the "Dave's slogan" t-shirt to wear to "Divorce Court" about 25 years ago ... I couldn't have done any worse ...

Still would love to see OUR Ironchef in the next go-around ...
Old 05-25-2006, 09:09 AM   #46
Master Chef

I just finally found this show on my station not long ago. I was flipping through the stations last night and found the final. Tiffani.....wow she is a royal witch isn't she. I couldn't believe how she treated the guys that were helping her out in the kitchen and then to take credit for a dessert that she didn't even create. And how she came out and talked about the food and wine with each of the dishes.....and to top it off it was 2 dishes she talked about. That really tuned me off. I think she's really hurt her career by the way she presented herself on the show.
Old 05-25-2006, 11:55 AM   #47
Senior Cook

I like Iron Chef, America (like original one too).
Old 05-25-2006, 04:14 PM   #48
Executive Chef

I don't think any business person with any sort of brains will hire Tiffani. She'd just create too many problems in the kitchen I think, although she may be different in a money paying situation. She did after all work at Daniel Boloud's restaurant in Vegas so that says something. I wouldn't personally hire her though as I don't think she's that talented. It seems that like for the most part, her presentations are better than her flavors.

Well congratulations to Harold. I would've loved cooking the final with the stuff they had. I'll be meeting with some people who select applicants for the show on June 1st at the Hard Rock Cafe in LA. It's gonna be hard though because they said that between the different cities that they're holding interviews in (LA, SF, Vegas, NYC, Chicago), they have something like 10,000 people who applied so far which is substantially more than last year.
Old 05-25-2006, 04:22 PM   #49
Chef Extraordinaire

I hope you make it, ironchef.
Old 05-25-2006, 04:26 PM   #50
Executive Chef

Well assuming they pick 12 people again, I have about a 1/1200 chance of making it.