New Words Coined The Year You Were Born

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Seeing as how we were infants at the time...still not enough hair. LOL! Maybe the diapers made our butts look bouffy.

Mine is 'facelift', and it has nothing to do with your looks. It is in reference to the front of your home. Giving the front of your home a facelift such as painting, replacing front door, new shingles, etc. :angel:

How did you guys get in? It wanted me to take out a 200 something dollar subscription.

I had a hard time getting it to work also and ended up at the subscription page as well. Eventually, I found if I highlighted the decade across the top of the picture then clicked it, I was able to get to the various decades and find the words without paying. The key was highlighting first.

My word is also photocall.

I looked up my kids and they got "shopaholic" (1984) and "crowd-surfing" (1989).

DH's word is "beat poetry"

Interesting.

Be careful who you ask, bouffy butts seem to be more popular these days than they were when I was a kid!

I'm never in the right place at the right time! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I only ever ask Shrek those questions...and he will tell me it's my big butt that makes my butt look bouffy...it's picking the right time to ask him a question like that that makes it fun. I'm going for maximum coffee or milk spray.:ROFLMAO:

My OED birthday word is:
chill pill, n.
Meaning: A (notional) pill used to calm or relax a person. Freq. in to take a chill pill : to calm down, to relax, to ‘chill out’ (usu. in imper.).

Back
Top Bottom