NEW World’s hottest pepper is ‘hot enough to strip paint’

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kleenex

Master Chef
World’s hottest pepper is ‘hot enough to strip paint’ - Yahoo! News

and.....

World's hottest chilli grown in tiny Cumbrian greenhouse! | Mail Online

From first link:

Yes, the Naga Viper, the latest claimant to the world's-hottest-pepper crown, outdistances its predecessor, the Bhut Jolokia, or "ghost chili," by more than 300,000 points on the famous Scoville scale of tongue-scorching chili hotness. Researchers at Warwick University testing the Naga Viper found that it measures 1,359,000 on the Scoville scale, which rates heat by tracking the presence of a chemical compound. In comparison, most varieties of jalapeño peppers measure in the 2,500 to 5,000 range -- milder than the Naga Viper by a factor of 270.

You might think the Naga Viper would hail from some part of the world with a strong demand for spicy food, such as India or Mexico. But the new pepper is actually the handiwork of Gerald Fowler, a British chili farmer and pub owner, who crossed three of the hottest peppers known to man -- including the Bhut Jolokia -- to create his Frankenstein-monster chili.

YES!!!!!!!!!

:ohmy: OUCH!!! Now that is one I'd like to try - sparingly. We grow a bolivian pepper that is really hot, but this one sounds way over the top. I'm thinking it could also be very healthy.

:) It grows on ya. We never cared for 'hot' food as it isn't popular in the northern states, but after we moved south, we got used to it, and then really liked it.

You want more heat after awhile, so you keep experimenting with hotter peppers. No kidding. I put it on most everything now; in fact, have a recipe for pepper brownies. :LOL:

Oh wow... now where can I get my hands on some of those seeds! lol. I don't actually like spicy food myself but my hubby isn't happy unless he's got sweat pouring down his face and his nose is running from all the heat. Tried growing the Bhut Jolokia peppers this year but then we ended up moving and the old landlord pretty much just leveled my garden :(

Oh wow... now where can I get my hands on some of those seeds! lol. I don't actually like spicy food myself but my hubby isn't happy unless he's got sweat pouring down his face and his nose is running from all the heat. Tried growing the Bhut Jolokia peppers this year but then we ended up moving and the old landlord pretty much just leveled my garden :(

That is just 10000000% uncalled for.

You should have given him the plant as a gift and told him it was a small sweet pepper with no heat what so ever;):chef:

I'd like to see Adam Richman (Man VS. Food) eat one of those...I think food would have him on the floor begging for mercy!

I'd like to see Adam Richman (Man VS. Food) eat one of those...I think food would have him on the floor begging for mercy!

He was in Boston for Hell night, but that restaurant only used ghost chili peppers which was the hottest peppers at the time.

Now that sounds mighty interestin'.
Would you mind sharing that recipe?

I'll be happy to do that Hoot, as soon as I can. It's here somewhere :ermm::)
and I'll go through my recipe stuff tomorrow. We are in a major winter storm warning right now, tho, so if I don't get back right away, we may have lost power. :shock:
Will be back as soon as possible, tho. :)

Unreal. Mother nature is amazing. It would make some wild chili though.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom