New Year's Eve

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

texasgirl

Master Chef
What do you do on New Years Eve?? We don't do anything. DH is a party poop and doesn't like going anywhere:glare:
Anyone have big plans or just staying home like us??

Put me in the party poop catagorey... we stay home. I usually cook a nice meal and we bring in the new year quietly.

I'll probably be at home, too. We usually go out on the deck and watch the downtown fireworks and of course, pop a bottle of bubbly to ring in the new year!

We can't afford to go anywhere, and most of the people we know are always in bed way before midnight. We usually stay home and watch the ball drop on TV. If we have the money we sometimes buy a few fireworks and set them off. We usually have some kind of snack foods, such as crackers and cheese, or chips and dip. We usually call our daughters and my dad, and when we can afford it we have called Alix and Ken. Can't really afford the crackers and cheese this year (but will probably get them anyway). And of course, when the ball drops at midnight, I kiss my sweetie (and my sweetie kisses me back!)!

:)Barbara

Those days of going out and partying are over for us. We normally stay home make steak sandwiches and some snacks, pop open some sparkling apple cidar and wait for the ball to drop, (if we stay awake). I normally have to wake up DH to ask for a kiss. LOL

But this year we were talking about going to a early dinner and going to the movies to see "Marley & Me", then head home.

This is the year my best friend and her dh will be coming over. We play games, gab and just have fun. We will be grilling steaks with baked potatoes and broccoli. She may be bringing french onion soup also. I got a Wii for Christmas so we'll probably have fun with that. lol We're usually up all night when they come over so I'll have to take a nap earlier.

Barb

I'll be with my mom at a party. It will end early and then, I shall be home watching the ball drop while playing online.

Buck and I never went out for New Years. Usually made a pot of his grandfather's fondue and ate fondue and drank champagne as the ball dropped.

This year...I'll probably go to bed early and forget about the whole thing.

Those days of going out and partying are over for us. We normally stay home make steak sandwiches and some snacks, pop open some sparkling apple cidar and wait for the ball to drop, (if we stay awake). I normally have to wake up DH to ask for a kiss. LOL

But this year we were talking about going to a early dinner and going to the movies to see "Marley & Me", then head home.

Heads up, JustMe, on the "Marley" movie. A friend of mine, big macho guy, said he cried like a baby. Said everyone in the theater was crying.

Bring tissues.

Lee

We stay home. We usually have a nice dinner and some bubbly. Think we're going to pick up some ribs from Montgomery Inn this year for dinner. The past few years, I haven't been able to stay awake until midnight - I'm getting old, I like to ring in the new year while catching up on my zzzzzzs.

Buck and I never went out for New Years. Usually made a pot of his grandfather's fondue and ate fondue and drank champagne as the ball dropped.

This year...I'll probably go to bed early and forget about the whole thing.

You could always drive up here and bring the fondue! Then we can all sit around eating fondue watching movies and playing board games till after midnight..

We just have some snacks, play some games, watch a movie or two and have a couple of light drinks, that is about it. Funny thing is the kids love playing poker with me more than they like playing the board games, LOL!

We do different things, depending on who's in town. Usually have a nice dinner at home with some champagne, sometimes make it to midnight and sometimes not. Sometimes we go downtown around 11 p.m. for the midnight fireworks.

Sometimes we go out and sometimes we stay in. The last couple of years we have been staying in. This year my folks may come over, maybe play some games or something, big breakfast in the morning. We are going out to dinner the next night though.

...Funny thing is the kids love playing poker with me more than they like playing the board games, LOL!
Of course they do! My sister and I felt the same way when our parents played Blackjack with us (betting toothpicks). We were playing a grown-up game with grown-ups. It didn't get better than that!

Of course they do! My sister and I felt the same way when our parents played Blackjack with us (betting toothpicks). We were playing a grown-up game with grown-ups. It didn't get better than that!

For the kids I went and got a set of poker chips so we don't have to use pennies again this year, LOL.
OK, I get em for the big kids too!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom