"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-03-2016, 12:35 AM   #11
Certified Cake Maniac

That is one of the funniest parrot stories I have ever heard. I love African Grey's.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 02:16 AM   #12
Sous Chef

Thanks!

Cat and her family are holding up fairly well, so to speak. They are still pretty devastated. I do know all of Nicu's property has been split between his widow and Rina, but Rina signed over her portion to Nicu's widow (her name is nine feet long and I can't remember it) and Cat got the jet.

Nicu's property butts right up to theirs, and since his widow has her mother and dad there and the rest of the family next door, she's not lonely.

Now here is something for all of you: There is a box of stuff Cat left in the attic. It's full of stuff she wanted to give to all her college friends who were kind to her. She and Rina are coming back to deal with this.

Act surprised when Cat shows up here again. You didn't hear this from me. They will be staying here for about two weeks, for Cat wants to re-connect with her friends and she didn't have the time to do so last time.

Hint: It will be before the fishing season starts. If any of you people rat on me, I will make your day this bad:

[IMG][/IMG]

LOL!

Ssssssssshhhhhh!

Old 01-03-2016, 10:05 AM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

Gee, Cat who?
Old 01-03-2016, 10:22 AM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire

My granddaughter is coming down at the end of the month from Maine. She is bringing her SO. They are both artists in their own right and have a storage bin filled with their work. In the meantime they both work full time. So her SO had her hours cut back and they found a little empty store front with an apartment in the back. They are going to set up their art work in the store front and her SO will tend to the gallery while my GD works full time. They have already sold quite a lot of pieces of their work. Some on commission. They have one piece I fell in love with.

They found a piece of bleached driftwood and on it is painted two owls at sunset sitting on a branch. One of the owls is resting her head on the other owl's shoulder The colors of the sunset alone make for a great painting. The two lovebird owls just make it perfect. They are going to give it to me. I will have to take a picture of it and post it here.

I have also been crying about how much I love the wild blueberries in Maine. So in the summer when the bushes are full, they will come down and bring me to Maine so I can eat and pick enough to bring home and freeze for pies and other goodies. As a kid we used to go visit my father's people for two weeks, and I always got to pick wild blueberries. Nice, big fat blueberries full of flavor. We would bring back about three to four pails full of them for canning and freezing.
Old 01-03-2016, 01:23 PM   #15
Master Chef

Thanks so much for the Cat news CCL. Nope, nobody will rat you out!!

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 01:36 AM   #16
Proud American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
My granddaughter is coming down at the end of the month from Maine. She is bringing her SO. They are both artists in their own right and have a storage bin filled with their work. In the meantime they both work full time. So her SO had her hours cut back and they found a little empty store front with an apartment in the back. They are going to set up their art work in the store front and her SO will tend to the gallery while my GD works full time. They have already sold quite a lot of pieces of their work. Some on commission. They have one piece I fell in love with.

They found a piece of bleached driftwood and on it is painted two owls at sunset sitting on a branch. One of the owls is resting her head on the other owl's shoulder The colors of the sunset alone make for a great painting. The two lovebird owls just make it perfect. They are going to give it to me. I will have to take a picture of it and post it here.

I have also been crying about how much I love the wild blueberries in Maine. So in the summer when the bushes are full, they will come down and bring me to Maine so I can eat and pick enough to bring home and freeze for pies and other goodies. As a kid we used to go visit my father's people for two weeks, and I always got to pick wild blueberries. Nice, big fat blueberries full of flavor. We would bring back about three to four pails full of them for canning and freezing.
Joyce showed me of here. I am very happy, Addie! You must pick enough and eat enough to make the tongue very blue! We like of what Americans call cobblers. Mamma's blueberry cobblers are so very delicious!

Some day, my Addie, I will be a very much better cook! I wish to learn of the fruit desserts such as the pies. I can make of the plain ones in my country.

Joyce is showing me of the multiple quote! Is much better than of so many posts, yes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
Thanks so much for the Cat news CCL. Nope, nobody will rat you out!!
Ha! I did not know of ratting! I have caught her, yes? But this is so well! I am proud she felt of me much to say this.

Gizzi even cannot do of cobblers. I must learn this now and take this with me to the new fishing season!

I must post to the recipes of perhaps blueberry jelly or jam? Is there such of this?

Love,
~Cat

cxbhg

Tags
new year