New Year's Eve ... LOL!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CrazyCatLady

Sous Chef
Our pastor came to our home for New Year's Eve dinner and board games. He had lost his wife over the summer and they had no children.

Our neighbor is staying with us. She had an unfortunate issue with a used gas stove and a brother-in-law who messed up the connection. That resulted in half her kitchen being blown up and part of her garage.

She is staying with us until her home is repaired.

However, she had inherited her older brother's African Grey/parrot/buzzard creature. Her brother worked in the merchant marines, and when he passed, she got this feathered fiend.

This is the most foul-mouthed parrot I have ever seen. First of all, his name is PeckerHead. Second, he hates everyone.

Our pastor comes in, and the first thing PeckerHead says is, "What the @#$%&!! do you want?!"

He looked at PeckerHead, and replied, "Why the @#$%&!! are you asking me? Shut the @#$%&!! up!!"

Apparently no one had ever talked back to that parrot/buzzard.

We still haven't heard a word from PeckerHead.

Yipes. At least your neighbor wasn't injured. The rest of your story is too funny. Better than any fiction at your library.:LOL:

chuckle.png

I think I would have peed my pants laughing so hard,
not sure who would have been funnier CCL,
the bird or your pastor

:LOL: My mom's grandfather was a sea captain. He would bring home all sorts of exotic pets, including a parrot that could swear like a sailor, and a marmoset that would burrow into her grandma's bun, and sort of lived there in her hair.

Last edited:
LOL! Thanks y'all! I'm still laughing.

PeckerHead isn't. Now the only time he opens his mouth is when he's eating.

Also, the cats have come out of hiding, the dog doesn't growl at him any more, and my husband can talk without him yelling, "Shut the @#$%&!! up," or, "Go back to bed, you @#$%&!!"

In his thank-you note we found in our mailbox today, our pastor said how much he appreciated and loved the food and fellowship, how cozy and inviting our home is, then he added this:

"And cussing out that damned bird gave me more joy than anything since Tina passed. I've been looking for an excuse to cuss like that for six months, and oh, what a blessing it was!"

LOL! He was so strong and brave when his wife died, but we could tell he was holding a lot in and he had a small congregation to lead, and he never failed us. Ever.

I can imagine a good cussfest like that may have actually been good for his soul. It worked wonders for ours as well!

I loved reading the follow up to your pastor...perfect!

CCL, I must say how much your generous spirit impresses many of us for taking in people in need like you do.
Our thoughts are going to what you did for Cat's family while they were in this country. Have you heard more about how they are doing?

Last edited:
Thanks!

Cat and her family are holding up fairly well, so to speak. They are still pretty devastated. I do know all of Nicu's property has been split between his widow and Rina, but Rina signed over her portion to Nicu's widow (her name is nine feet long and I can't remember it) and Cat got the jet.

Nicu's property butts right up to theirs, and since his widow has her mother and dad there and the rest of the family next door, she's not lonely.

Now here is something for all of you: There is a box of stuff Cat left in the attic. It's full of stuff she wanted to give to all her college friends who were kind to her. She and Rina are coming back to deal with this.

Act surprised when Cat shows up here again. You didn't hear this from me. They will be staying here for about two weeks, for Cat wants to re-connect with her friends and she didn't have the time to do so last time.

Hint: It will be before the fishing season starts. If any of you people rat on me, I will make your day this bad:

img_1449439_0_31079bf335025f4c2e9c781817d68310.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

LOL!

Ssssssssshhhhhh!

My granddaughter is coming down at the end of the month from Maine. She is bringing her SO. They are both artists in their own right and have a storage bin filled with their work. In the meantime they both work full time. So her SO had her hours cut back and they found a little empty store front with an apartment in the back. They are going to set up their art work in the store front and her SO will tend to the gallery while my GD works full time. They have already sold quite a lot of pieces of their work. Some on commission. They have one piece I fell in love with.

They found a piece of bleached driftwood and on it is painted two owls at sunset sitting on a branch. One of the owls is resting her head on the other owl's shoulder The colors of the sunset alone make for a great painting. The two lovebird owls just make it perfect. They are going to give it to me. I will have to take a picture of it and post it here.

I have also been crying about how much I love the wild blueberries in Maine. So in the summer when the bushes are full, they will come down and bring me to Maine so I can eat and pick enough to bring home and freeze for pies and other goodies. As a kid we used to go visit my father's people for two weeks, and I always got to pick wild blueberries. Nice, big fat blueberries full of flavor. We would bring back about three to four pails full of them for canning and freezing. :angel:

My granddaughter is coming down at the end of the month from Maine. She is bringing her SO. They are both artists in their own right and have a storage bin filled with their work. In the meantime they both work full time. So her SO had her hours cut back and they found a little empty store front with an apartment in the back. They are going to set up their art work in the store front and her SO will tend to the gallery while my GD works full time. They have already sold quite a lot of pieces of their work. Some on commission. They have one piece I fell in love with.

They found a piece of bleached driftwood and on it is painted two owls at sunset sitting on a branch. One of the owls is resting her head on the other owl's shoulder The colors of the sunset alone make for a great painting. The two lovebird owls just make it perfect. They are going to give it to me. I will have to take a picture of it and post it here.

I have also been crying about how much I love the wild blueberries in Maine. So in the summer when the bushes are full, they will come down and bring me to Maine so I can eat and pick enough to bring home and freeze for pies and other goodies. As a kid we used to go visit my father's people for two weeks, and I always got to pick wild blueberries. Nice, big fat blueberries full of flavor. We would bring back about three to four pails full of them for canning and freezing. :angel:

Joyce showed me of here. I am very happy, Addie! You must pick enough and eat enough to make the tongue very blue! We like of what Americans call cobblers. Mamma's blueberry cobblers are so very delicious!

Some day, my Addie, I will be a very much better cook! I wish to learn of the fruit desserts such as the pies. I can make of the plain ones in my country.

Joyce is showing me of the multiple quote! Is much better than of so many posts, yes?

Thanks so much for the Cat news CCL. Nope, nobody will rat you out!!

Ha! I did not know of ratting! I have caught her, yes? But this is so well! I am proud she felt of me much to say this.

Gizzi even cannot do of cobblers. I must learn this now and take this with me to the new fishing season!

I must post to the recipes of perhaps blueberry jelly or jam? Is there such of this?

Love,
~Cat

cxbhg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom