New Year's Eve: Stay Home or Go Out!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

New Year's Eve: Stay home or Go Out!!

• Stay home and watch the ball drop on TV with drink of your choice.

Votes: 30 78.9%
  • Stay home and invite friends and family over.

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Go out and have a nice dinner and then come home to watch the festivities on tv

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Party like there is no tomorrow.

Votes: 2 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I usually stay home on New Year's but last night we decided to go to a friend's party. It was a last minute decision. My friend had not one but two bands at their house and the drinks were free flowing. I can't believe I did this but I got up with the band and sang. So yes, I partied like a rock star and rang in 2009 dancing!

I voted stayed home and watched TV, but we did not watch TV, we played cards till about 3am!

aw right, who here parties like there is no tomorrow:-p?

our routine was not an option either..

to a friends house for dinner, toasted the new year with some Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey, home by 8:15 pm and snoring by 10:00 pm:innocent:

aw right, who here parties like there is no tomorrow:-p?

our routine was not an option either..

to a friends house for dinner, toasted the new year with some Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey, home by 8:15 pm and snoring by 10:00 pm:innocent:

Wow Beth.. you were partying like it was 1999!!? :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Stayed in grilled rib eye and went to bed by ten - woke up to midnight noise, right back to sleep!! we're at our desert house & it's beautiful.

We had my best friend and her dh over. We talked, laughed, grilled steaks outside and played Wii til 4 am. We were supposed to play canasta for our yearly tournament but we were all too tired!
We were just finishing dinner and cleaning up when the phone rang. My dd calling to wish us a Happy New Year.........we didn't even realize it was past midnight! lol Then our ds called to wish us the same. We had a great time as usual.

Barb

I stayed home and said a lot of bad things to 2008 as it left the building. My daughter was babysitting so I stayed up and waited for her. I also got and sent a bunch of "Happy New Year" text messages.

Had a lovely evening at home. Made dinner, watched movies and the snow falling.

I usually end up working so we don't make plans. This year I was off but it was too late to make plans so we stayed home.

I know, Katie. I promise things will easier down the road.

We don't go out on New Year's Eve. The state and local cops are out in force, and in Illinois, they establish check points, just like the gestapo. You have to stop and roll down your window, and possibly show your driver's license. They look you over real well, and either wave you on, or give you a hassle. (They have never given us a problem, though.)
The local guys have even been known to chaulk the tires in the bar parking lots...florescent green, orange and pink...so they can tell how long a person has been in there.

Besides, New Year's Eve is for amateurs. Kim and I have more fun at home!

Ended up having fondue by myself. Watched the ball drop and watched TV and surfed the Net until about 2 a.m. Went to bed. Just not the same without Buck.
Katie ~ I just wish I could come up to where you are and hug you and make you know everyone cares about you and you should not be alone.

We stayed home with the kids. The youngest (2yo) made it tell 10:30 the others (11 &10) mad it tell 12.

We went out and yelled, banging pots and pans and we saw ZERO neighbors!! Everybody was either out or went to bed early.

I worked ... didn't get out of the bar until nearly 4:00 a.m. because it was such a mess with party favors, streamers, ballons and such about an inch think on the floor. But everyone had a great time! The band was great, too.

:heart:
Z

P.S. We have a dedicated taxi driver who's been our safe ride home guy for a couple years now. Also we employees will give rides after last call if needed since there are so many of us there. =) Everyone gets home safely from our parties!

So I am a couple days late and a dollar short, but after 12 years of working amature night (new years eve) I have grown to hold a great amount of contempt for the wanna be foodies and blackout alchies. Always stay home if the option is there (but it never is!):chef:

Yes, New Years Eve and Saint Patrick's Day are Amateur Events.

I use to be a regular drinker, Real regular. I would go out on these two nights to be entertained by those who thought getting drunk was something special. And those two nights are the ones I drank the least or even stayed (legally) sober.

THen I quit drinking and , golly, drunks are awful hard to put up with when sober!

So Wife and I stayed home, and if it wern't for Wife pointing out to me that 2009 was 30 seconds away midnight would have come and gone without my realizing it.

The ball dropped, 2009 lit up, wife and I kissed and toasted the new year with a glass of Pomegranate juice, Aud Lang Syne and back to what we were doing.

I went to a local party just a few blocks walk which was nice... except the party was.. well..not my type of party. I ended up hanging out with the people there I already knew. I was hoping to meet some other neighbors but it was sooo crowded that you could barely move... and the people were... well a bit self absorbed and pretentious.. in a trust funded-neo-intellectual-hippie sort of way.

Sounds like we all have a good New Year's Eve!! I spent some of the evening on the internet. Talked to family on the phone. Played Lego Indiana Jones on the DS. Ate some appetizers and had eggnog.

Happy New Year, everyone!!

Back
Top Bottom