"New Year's Resolutions 2013"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chef Maloney

Senior Cook
Are you making a resolution for the new year?
Losing weight? Starting something? Ending something?
WhatEver it is, I am curious.
Please share your thoughts.

I am going to try to help someone in need at least once each month in '2013'. I want to make someone happy.
I am also going to exercise more every day, which may prove harder to do than the above mentioned hehehe :)

I've kind of been liking that NFL slogan, Sixty minutes of play a day. So that's what I'm going to do. At least 60 minutes of play each day... at least :D

I don't make resolutions, but I am planning on a complete revamp of my diet starting the first, weight loss should be right behind. I will also be restarting my cardiac rehab exercises, things got away from me this year with my Ogre being sick and all this past summer.

No resolutions but a couple of promises to myself ...

#1 try to eat healthier
#2 will work on being a little bit happier each and every day

My only resolution is to try to be a good mother-in-law. It's a new role for me and we'll be planning the wedding this year. I want to be helpful but not overbearing. Offer advice only when asked.

To save even more money...and then buy a new car :)

We have done really well in the last year or so and have managed to save a lot of money!

We do have enough now to buy a new car outright, but we wont, we will continue to save and buy one probably at the end of next year as it is nice to have money to fall back on :)

I don't like making promises I can't keep lol!
I do want try and be more patient, spend more time with my kids and find the courage to do atleast one thing I've always been too cautious to try. Maybe even start selling my pickles and preserves for extra money instead of giving it all away. Many people have mentioned that I should but I guess I just haven't had enough faith in my abilities.

I am going to try and become a lot more active. This apartment life has made me become lackadaisical. I still am quite busy but could manage my free time a bit better. I have a few months off from my seasonal job so I will use it to try and kick start some kind of fitness routine again. I haven't done bad over the years, but keeping one going beyond a few months has always been an issue. One obstacle to my fitness regimen is that I still have a house where my ex wife and daughter live and go there almost daily to see my daughter and help maintain the property. By the time I am done snow cleaning, or lawn cutting, dog walking, I get home for dinner and am pretty much bagged out.

Last edited:
I am going to try and become a lot more active. This apartment life has made me become lackadaisical. I still am quite busy but could manage my free time a bit better. I have a few months off from my seasonal job so I will use it to try and kick start some kind of fitness routine again. I haven't done bad over the years, but keeping one going beyond a few months has always been an issue. One obstacle to my fitness regimen is that I still have a house where my ex wife and daughter live and go there almost daily to see my daughter and help maintain the property. By the time I am done snow cleaning, or lawn cutting, dog walking, I get home for dinner and am pretty much bagged out.

Rock, all those maintenance activities count as exercise! ;)

Not really a New Year's Resolution, but a renewed commitment to read my Bible daily. Also to get back to being serious about our eating habits.

I made a resolution years ago to never make another resolution again because I always failed and felt down on myself.

Instead I make "goals", which can be measured by how far you have come to get there instead of just the end result.

My goals for 2013 are to:
- work as hard as I can on this new diet to feel better and overcome my intolerances
- get back to journaling as often as I can
- Get to church at least once a month as my body allows me
- Get out more with friends (at least once a month)
- Exercise as my pain, etc. allow me
- Have fun - something lacking the last few years
- Get my craft room done and start creating again.

If I don't do all this I am fine with that - the main thing is to try! :)

I did not have any specific resolutions, but I look at my self in the mirror last night and it's time to loose few pounds. I'll have to work on it this year.

I made a resolution years ago to never make another resolution again because I always failed and felt down on myself.

Instead I make "goals", which can be measured by how far you have come to get there instead of just the end result.

My goals for 2013 are to:
- work as hard as I can on this new diet to feel better and overcome my intolerances
- get back to journaling as often as I can
- Get to church at least once a month as my body allows me
- Get out more with friends (at least once a month)
- Exercise as my pain, etc. allow me
- Have fun - something lacking the last few years
- Get my craft room done and start creating again.

If I don't do all this I am fine with that - the main thing is to try! :)
And don't forget Boston! ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom