Next iron chef question, anyone know?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't know her name, at least not yet. But she is very pregnant in some of the shots and a baby in a few others.

my favs. paula dean, tyler, giada, ida, alton, and rachel is good to but she wears me out. I like emerial live show only but I watch him for a while then not. he has gotten to commerical or to uppity. not like he was before. I watch guy sometimes.
i hate all the travel shows now . your right it has turned into the travel channel. I have learned alot tho from the food channel. Love it.

I recall watching the Food Network when it started. I wonder if anyone remembers Emeril as the host of the first incarnation of "How to Boil Water"? I was also a fan of David Rosengarten's show "Taste". I have often wondered what happened between him and The Food Network.

Last edited:
There is no more cooking on the FN, it's either traveling or some psico babel. I kept basic 2 for cable just to get FN, but looks like I'm going to cansel it pretty soon here. It is waiste of money.

Charlie they still cook during the day!
Stay home all day and you'll get some cookin!! :chef:

Yeah, I know. I think they figure out the folks who can't watch cooking shows during the day have no time to cook at night. So they just keep telling us about all kind of good restaurants out there. i guess so we don't go hungry we should go out to eat.

Maybe KElf can merge the two threads!! :)

I merged them.

Everyone knows I have to say this - You guys know how I frown on FoodTV bashing. Sorry, I can't help it. This thread has been pretty much ok though - but there can be so much hate and negativity that people get caught up in. These are REAL people who live and breath like we do with quirks just like each and every one of us. Their quirks are just on TV for all to see - no need to bash them for it. If I had a show people would hate me for my extremely long legs and long blond hair (the name "kitchenelf" is just to throw everyone off :-p)

........sorry, I'm done. ;) Hey, I'll take Tyler off his wife's hands, whoever she is - as long as he does yard work I doubt my husband would even mind! :LOL: :rolleyes:

Things change.

Well, yeah, but that statement isn't proof of anything.

Well, it was public at the auditions. I guess
there's a difference between public and broadcast?

By public, I meant a news story or news release or something that you could link to. It doesn't make sense to me that if Mario left, he would deny it.

They did say, as Charlie pointed out, he's no
longer doing ICA.

Well, as I pointed out, Mario said in Sept. that he had already done some
ICA episodes for the upcoming season:
Food Network Is Still Hot for Mario Batali

And he's still listed on the FN ICA page:
Mario Batali - Masaharu Morimoto - Cat Cora - Bobby Flay - Iron Chef America - Show List A To Z - TV - Food Network

And on his own page: Mario Batali : Hosts / Celebrity Chefs : TV : Food Network

If he was gone, I'd think they would remove him.

Cat doesn't and likely a Morimoto show wouldn't get ratings in America because of the language barrier. They also subtitle him, even on the last Next ICA they had him subtitled.

With no shows and him off of ICA, I'd say that's kind of confirmation that
they've parted ways.

Since the fact that Cat Cora has no show of her own doesn't mean she's off ICA, I would think the same would apply to Mario. I'm still not convinced he's off ICA.

Last edited:
Cat Cora isn't doing the "Kitchen Accomplished" show anymore? Was watching about 4 am. :)

I agree with you to a point. I think Besh is a better technical chef than Symon and of course the fact that he is from Louisiana also brings out my "rootin for the hometown boy" part of me. I think Symon has a better personality and camera presence though and I think that is what might have won it for him. As far as Symon's laugh, it doesn't really bother me but it does sound pretty goofy. The first time I heard his laugh was when He and Wayne Harley Brachman had a show on foodtv called "Melting Pot". Both are kinda flaky but I get a kick outta those types so...........

Happy to see others have an opinion on this topic.
John Besh for me, was/is better in many factors and wish he'd have won.
Funny to me how some like the Symon laugh because to me, it's finger nails on a chalk board. Difference is what makes the world go round I guess.

Well, yeah, but that statement isn't proof of anything.

By public, I meant a news story or news release or something that you could link to. It doesn't make sense to me that if Mario left, he would deny it.

Well, as I pointed out, Mario said in Sept. that he had already done some
ICA episodes for the upcoming season:
Food Network Is Still Hot for Mario Batali

And he's still listed on the FN ICA page:
Mario Batali - Masaharu Morimoto - Cat Cora - Bobby Flay - Iron Chef America - Show List A To Z - TV - Food Network

And on his own page: Mario Batali : Hosts / Celebrity Chefs : TV : Food Network

If he was gone, I'd think they would remove him.

Since the fact that Cat Cora has no show of her own doesn't mean she's off ICA, I would think the same would apply to Mario. I'm still not convinced he's off ICA.
Well, we all know Michael Simon is the Next Iron Chef and yet he's not listed. Guess that means the list isn't accurate. He's gone, as others have said in this thread.

Not sure your reasoning on Cat, it really makes no sense. She's never had a show that I've seen and she's still on, she was a judge on NICA. Mario wasn't. He's gone. It's sad, but it's also a fact. No shows, no ICA. That means gone.

September was a long time ago. Things change.

I'm watching a Thanksgiving show on FN right now and it was recorded a bit back. I say that because Giada is still a skinny twig and she was showing this weekend on the Today show. Mario and Sara are not on the show. Adds to that makes you wonder thing.

I would never bash FN. I love the channel. Just saying Mario and Sara are no longer on.

The first "cooking shows" I remember watching were live broadcasts on a local TV channel (circa: 1953) with basically TV Celeberity Housewives demonstrating cooking techniques and recipes for other housewives - and once in a while they would have a guest professional cook/chef. Then in college (circa: 1970) and the years after I got into watching the cooking shows on PBS - The Gourmet (David Wade), The Galloping Gourmet (Graham Kerr), The Frugal Gourmet (Jeff Smith), The French Chef (Julia Child), there was Martin Yan, Justin Wilson, and heck - I can't remember them all! I still watch the PBS cooking shows ... Jacques Pepin, America's Test Kitchen, Rick Bayless - miss some they have dropped ... can't remember all the names.

Food Network is evolving ... whether I like the direction they are taking is not isn't going to change the direction they have decided to go. So - I'm back to looking to other channels - and finding some good "how-to" shows!

As for Simon vs Besh - I was rooting for Besh. Yep, that swordfish dessert (trying to please Morimoto) probably did him in ... if I remember right, Morimoto's trout ice-cream did him in, too. NOTE TO SELF: fish does not make a good desert.

As for Mario - I swear I saw him (Molto Mario) on another channel the other night - one that I think is owned by FN, or one that owns FN.

Now - I want to see a battle between ICA Michael Simon and Paula, Michael and Bobby Dean in battle .... BUTTER! :LOL:

I am not quite sure why some peeps are worried about bashing FoodTV. I love watching the shows as well but I think the path they are currently taking, which seems to be more "Reality TV" type shows is pretty disappointing. If something is bad...say so.

Now - I want to see a battle between ICA Michael Simon and Paula, Michael and Bobby Dean in battle .... BUTTER! :LOL:
Sunday night, close enough. Paula and Cat verses Tyler and Robert Irvine battle DESSERT.

ETA ~ I'm watching ICA and the pictures in the back DO NOT include Mario as one of the Iron Chefs. Believe me, this saddens me. I love Mario.

Last edited:
Yep - just watched ICA Simon win his 1st battle - and the ICA photos on the wall, from left to right, were ... Flay, Cora, Simon.

Callisto said:
Sunday night, close enough. Paula and Cat verses Tyler and Robert Irvine battle DESSERT.

Next Sunday or last Sunday? Darn - if I missed that ... who won?

Paula and Irvine know how to used "packaged" stuff and frequently do (well, Robert does on those "Cooking Impossible" episodes) ..... Cat and Tyler are more "scratch" cooks ....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom