"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-14-2008, 11:14 AM   #21
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom View Post
wow, what a bunch of sour grapes, tg!!!!

making fun of football players for their oratory abilities?
i'm curious, are crying football players a common sight in dallas?

the better team won on this given sunday. period. or should i say the team that sucked less.

romo is now a 2 time choke artist. he seemed to quit on the last play, and just chucked it up there. it's gotta make you wonder if he's as good as his regular season numbers.
Romo couldn't have choked harder if someone had their hands around his throat!! ARGH
And no, crying football players are not seen very often here. I don't know if TO was crying about Romo or that he isn't going to get a ring

Old 01-14-2008, 03:42 PM   #22
Executive Chef

I have a feeling there's going to be some unhappy people running around Dallas wanting to put a hurt on Romo. He needs to hop on Jess' plane and get the heck out of town until training camp.

Old 01-14-2008, 04:25 PM   #23
Master Chef

Well, Romo can't take all the blame... the whole team looked like they had checked out from the get go. Lot's of missed plays, dropped passes, and just mediocre attempt in my opinion.... until next season. I missed the part where TO was crying... please tell me he did not do that!
Old 01-14-2008, 07:43 PM   #24
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by sattie View Post
Well, Romo can't take all the blame... the whole team looked like they had checked out from the get go. Lot's of missed plays, dropped passes, and just mediocre attempt in my opinion.... until next season. I missed the part where TO was crying... please tell me he did not do that!

Here ya go.
Video Beta
Old 01-14-2008, 10:02 PM   #25
Executive Chef

Apparently the coach cried today during a press conference?? That's sad if it's true.
Old 01-14-2008, 11:22 PM   #26
Master Chef

I'm a Texas Rangers baseball fan (not to be confused with the hockey Rangers) so I'm used to dissapointment.
Old 01-15-2008, 08:43 AM   #27
Certified Pretend Chef

Michael, join us in Red Sox Nation. There's always room for someone who appreciates good baseball.
Old 01-15-2008, 11:08 AM   #28
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael in FtW View Post
I'm a Texas Rangers baseball fan (not to be confused with the hockey Rangers) so I'm used to dissapointment.
LOL!!! Yea, not much to get excited about there eh??? I still don't understand what that GM's 'plan' is!!!!
Old 01-15-2008, 01:54 PM   #29
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchenelf View Post
Oh, it's football season?
LOL The only reason I ever even notice it is football season is that my shows on Sunday night are all messed up! I always record Amazing Race and Shark so we can watch them when James is home, and football makes them start so late that I have to set everything to tape an hour or more longer!

I have never cared for football, but I do watch the Super Bowl if either the Chargers or Panthers are in it (Chargers because I am from San Diego and Panthers because I live here now--and the Panthers have the nicest looking uniforms! lol).

Barbara
Old 01-15-2008, 02:01 PM   #30
Chef Extraordinaire

lol barbara, my wife gets annoyed when the late game messes up her recordings as well. she even had me call into our (cbs's) transmission center to find out how late the games were running once, so she could reset the vcrs.

andy, i don't know what yous guys up in new england have done to deserve what's going on in the sports world, but it sure works.

first the sox, next it'll probably be the pats, and even the celtics are kicking butt.

(it's human sacrifice, isn't it? )

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote