"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 02-09-2013, 05:57 PM   #1
Assistant Cook

Night #2

Hey friends!
THANKS to everyone who stopped by and welcomed me to your new community. I'm enjoying It already. Everyone so far is real friendly.
I would like to tell you about my first night following a recipe from a handed down vintage cookbook. It went great. The food was delicious! I made Tamale Pie and Berry cobbler for desert. No complaints here except Tue cobbler was a little too sweet, maybe that's how its supposed to be? Well hubby scarfed it all right up. My daughter was real hard to occupy toward the end of food preparation, but the beginning was smooth sailing. Dinner tonight will be something easy. Digorno

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130209_155703.png
Views:	141
Size:	360.2 KB
ID:	17080

frozen pizza and ice cold Coronas. Something about pizza and beer goes together so well! Very thirst quenching.
That's all for now. Still on a search for a real good slow cooker recipe if anyone has one !

Stay tuned!

P.s. I attached a pic of my daughter being distracted by the phone book. It only distracted her for five minutes.

Old 02-10-2013, 03:55 AM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

What a nice photo, she is lovely

Old 02-10-2013, 05:49 AM   #3
Head Chef

Oh, she is adorable !!

Shame on me but I don't know what Tamale is, I am English so be gentle with me :-)
Old 02-10-2013, 09:52 AM   #4
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by IfyougiveAmouseAcookie View Post
Hey friends!
THANKS to everyone who stopped by and welcomed me to your new community. I'm enjoying It already. Everyone so far is real friendly.
I would like to tell you about my first night following a recipe from a handed down vintage cookbook. It went great. The food was delicious! I made Tamale Pie and Berry cobbler for desert. No complaints here except Tue cobbler was a little too sweet, maybe that's how its supposed to be? Well hubby scarfed it all right up. My daughter was real hard to occupy toward the end of food preparation, but the beginning was smooth sailing. Dinner tonight will be something easy. Digorno

Attachment 17080

frozen pizza and ice cold Coronas. Something about pizza and beer goes together so well! Very thirst quenching.
That's all for now. Still on a search for a real good slow cooker recipe if anyone has one !

Stay tuned!

P.s. I attached a pic of my daughter being distracted by the phone book. It only distracted her for five minutes.
Your daughter is gorgeous! I've got a few recipes that work well in a slow cooker. Just check under my profile or PM me and I'll send them to you.

We're having pizza and beer tonight too My kids are older but there is 2 of them and they keep me very busy! Speak about the devil, I hear lots of noise coming from my kitchen and "Dennis The Menace" is alone in there

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote