"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
View Poll Results: Night/Morning Person and Daylight Saving Time
I'm a morning person and love Daylight Saving Time 12 22.22%
I'm a morning person and hate Daylight Saving Time 5 9.26%
I'm a night person and love Daylight Saving Time 22 40.74%
I'm a night person and hate Daylight Saving Time 15 27.78%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-11-2008, 12:35 AM   #11
Head Chef

I never go to bed before 0200 hrs some times much later so day lite time does not mean a thing. My best time are from 1400 hrs to 2200 hrs.

Old 03-11-2008, 01:53 AM   #12
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Hutchins View Post
I never go to bed before 0200 hrs some times much later so day lite time does not mean a thing. My best time are from 1400 hrs to 2200 hrs.
I'm with you, Dave! Late night hours are when I wind down and mentally prepare for the next day. No ringing phone or loud kids or or errands to run. It does annoy me having to change the clocks but in my situation, the time change doesn't affect my life at all.

Old 03-11-2008, 03:51 AM   #13
Senior Cook

Send a message via MSN to SpiritWolf Send a message via Yahoo to SpiritWolf
Me personally. I HATE DST, I can never get up on time even with the alarm set, my body clock is set to a certain time to get up and go to bed, I go to bed fairly early as I do tend to get very tired very quickly once night time comes, but getting up in the morning is always at the set time at 6-6.30am, I dont need the alarm as my body clock does it for me, I am glad we dont have DST here where I live ( they trialed it once and everybody voted it OUT, we all Hate it ), I wouldnt get up at 5-5.30 as my body wouldnt and couldnt do it, as it would still be dark, when the suns up, then Im up, but if the sun doesnt come up till 7-7.30am then I dont get up till then, I use to get up all the time when I was a kid,when it was dark, and I HATED it, not any more.
Old 03-11-2008, 06:39 AM   #14
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to YT2095
I`m a morning person, so for me DST is great, esp as Spring Mornings aren`t far away now, and that`s my Fave time of day and year.

YT2095 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 07:20 AM   #15
Sous Chef

As I live in a tropical country I don't have experience about DST.

But I love bright tropical sunlight and day. When I awake in morning I like to see my room is filled with bright sun, If it is cloudy I feel depressed.
radhuni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 10:41 AM   #16
Head Chef

Me, I would rather get up with the sun and go to bed with the sun. I hate getting up in the dark, and long dark evenings are made for reading in bed or sleeping.

(I must be part bear--winters are for hibernation.)
Old 03-11-2008, 12:39 PM   #17
Master Chef

I'm not either a morning or night person, nor do I really care about daylight savings time, it does not affect my life one way or another.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:50 PM   #18
Sous Chef

Both a morning and night person. In the mornings I'm energized. Trips to the gym, cleaning out the gutters, housecleaning, cooking. shopping. By mid-afternoon I'm tired. Nighttime I'm up for creativity...as well as a glass of wine. LOL. Nighttime is when my mind works best, despite the wine.
Old 03-11-2008, 02:09 PM   #19
Head Chef

Am a total night owl. But gotta get up at about 4 -5 am every day. Never use a clock, always wake up.

In fact I never use a watch or rely on a clock to awaken me, for some reason if I need to get up a bit earlier I just set my internal clock that way. If it sounds wierd, it is just easy for me.

On weekends when I do not have to work I am awake almost all night.

Those are my favorite times.

I like DST because I like driving home when it is not black dark out.

The better part of me, who wears a watch, used to ask me what time it was. I was almost always within five minutes or so of the time and do not wear a watch, I find watches annoying.

Just the way I am.
Old 03-11-2008, 03:26 PM   #20
Sous Chef

I'm an any time of the day person.

Long as I hit the ground running, actually more of a hobble as I get older, it's all good.

Far as moving sundown back and forth an hour, it's Bull Patties. This is a family show or I would state my real feelings.

I like daylight in the afternoon when I'm more able to use and appreciate it. Arbitrarily chopping the daylight off the end of the day messes with me.