Nightline

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

In the Kitchen

Executive Chef
Did anyone see a Nightline show with 17 lb rabbits from a breeder in Germany? The rabbits looks like dogs they were so huge. He said he kept them separated from one another and only fed them a cert ain diet of organic food. The rabbit looked so healthy. He was selling them to S. Korea or was it N. Korea for them to start raising and to use as food. He said that one cannot only eat rabbit due to the fact they are so lean. The breeder said he has eaten them but cannot butcher them himself as he loves them too much. The breeder also stated if the Koreans would not do as he does and feed them t he right way he would not sell them. How can he do that? Once they are sold you can't take them back.

The rabbits were so beautiful that I wish I could buy one to keep as a pet. Just so healthy looking. The fur is what was thick and big. If only a person could tape the programs he wants to look at again. I guess I could go to ABC and look it up. Anyone like rabbit?

I enjoy rabbit...but No Thanks to the ones you described..probably tough as shoe leather! :) Very Very dry!

Would have been interesting to see the show however.....

Saw It AGain

I just went to their site and got to see it again! They are so big. Oh, you think they are tough? Isn't rabbit always dry? I used to fix it for my ex and had to make gravey with it. I believe the rabbits he got where domestic also. I really don't care to eat it I would like as pet. He feeds it kale, parsley and potatoes. I just wonder if I could get by eating that diet? If it would make me improve like they do, I would. But then maybe I would be tough too!

My dogs just went wild when I fixed the rabbit. I wonder how they would feel with a live one? I just cannot believe how big they are. Just like the first time I went to Disneyworld and saw the whale they said was Orca? it came out of the water and looked like a big building. Scared me.

Yep rabbit tends to be dry...due to low fat! I have had the wild (darker meat) as well as the domestic(almost white meat) Both are good..but different..The small ones can be ok fried...like chicken...However as you said...they respond to moist heat better....

Harm

I don't think they kill anything to eat, do they? Just seem so defenseless and the labs use them for experiments. Just because they multiply is no reason to abuse them.

I just can't understand why this story made such impression on me. No one else seems to think about it. The way the rabbit nuzzled the guys cheek. Guess I could keep in dog cage. Wonder how long they live?

Uncle Bob said:
Hey Katie...
Tell him it's chicken:LOL:

Hey In the Kitchen...

Wabbits are vegetarian....

I tried that. When I first prepared it I told him it was chicken but he discerned something different about the taste and texture.

Oh, well, at least Thumper is alive and safe in our house.:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom