Nintendo Customer Service

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spryte

Senior Cook
Wow!! I bought Lil Mr Spryte a new Nintendo DS Lite for his birthday in April. I actually purchased it a month ahead of time (which I won't do again!) Anyway.... last night he said that one of the buttons was not responding. I checked it out on a couple of games and he was right, it wasn't responding. So I'm thinking, he hasn't even had this for 4 months, that's not cool... I paid $130 for this thing! So I dig out my receipt from Target... I bought it in March... and they only do returns for 90 days... that would have been June. Crap... so I go to the Nintendo website. I checked the troubleshooting, that didn't help, but there is a 12 month warranty on hardware. So I called the 800#. A very nice, English speaking woman answered the phone. From the serial number on the DS, she was able to tell exactly where and when I bought it. After a couple questions, she said that it was definitely covered under warranty and the fastest way to fix it was they send out a refurbished unit that looks completely new. When I get it, I send back the one we have. She needed my credit card number, because they were sending a unit and needed to get one back so they only charge my card if they don't get a return unit within 21 days. She said our new (refurbished) unit will be here in 3 to 5 days! Oh yeah.... AND it comes with a 12 month warranty from today!

How cool is that??!!

Congratulations, spryte. Yet, another reason I love 800 numbers. I've been very successful solving consumer problems by calling the 800 number for the company my product was from. May have taken some effort but, by and large, I've had great success.

Back
Top Bottom