"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-23-2009, 02:37 PM   #11
Chief Eating Officer

Thanks Katie

Old 01-23-2009, 02:39 PM   #12
Sous Chef

My children have a Wii. We all love it. We play tennis and bowling and golf. It is cool that we can all four play at the same time. There are so many different kinds of games that there's definately something for everyone. It's almost impossible to find something that three teenagers can agree on LOL, but they all love the Wii. I have a skiing game that's pretty cool (I'm not good at it yet though). One of my daughters has a fishing game that she loves, and my son is into all these Japanese games. There is something for everyone. I think I'll go play some tonight when I get off work. It's a great way to relax.

Old 01-23-2009, 02:40 PM   #13
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB View Post
Talk to me about this GRK. What do you mean you can unlock 1? So I can do the Wii fit exercises while having regular TV on? Would it be a picture in picture type thing?

ok so you first start out able to do lets say 4 yoga poses, 4 strength excerises, 3 balance and 3 areobic.

and you get better at those you unlock others then eventually there is 1 where there are noises from the wiiremote telling you want to do in the step areobics, run, etc...
Old 01-23-2009, 02:41 PM   #14
Executive Chef

Mario Kart rocks. If you liked playing the one for SNES, the Wii version is like that one on steroids.
Old 01-23-2009, 02:52 PM   #15
Head Chef

I bought my grandson a Wii for Christmas a year ago and we had a lot of fun with it. It came with 4 games, bowling, baseball and two others and we found it addictive. This year I got him the Guitar Hero with several instruments. THAT one is hilarious and more fun than you can imagine. The technology behind it is mind boggling. My daugher ( his mother) added the Wii Fit but I've never seen that one. She loves it.
Old 01-23-2009, 04:24 PM   #16
Senior Cook

I got a Wii for Christmas this year and it is a riot, especially when the grandkids are here. We have the sports: baseball, tennis, bowling and boxing. Dh also got me the Iron Chef and Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader. They are all alot of fun! He's supposed to be getting me the Fit which I did ask for.
We have 2 controllers, 2 numchucks (for boxing) and the charging station.
Hope you enjoy it!

Barb
Old 01-23-2009, 04:28 PM   #17
Everymom

GB, you are going to absolutely LOVE the Wii. The Wii Fit rocks too. There are tons of different games and things on there and you can use it as a "personal trainer" too if you like. There are strength, balance, aerobic and yoga things on the fit. You can also get other games that utilize the Fit board.

The games that come with the Wii are a blast too. The baseball, bowling, tennis and golf are awesome, but I completely suck at the boxing. Madeleine (who's birthday is also tomorrow) creams me every time I try it out.

If you are looking for serious party fun look into the Guitar Hero world tour for Wii and get the drums, bass, guitar and microphone. Its a party all on its own. A bit $$$ though.
Old 01-23-2009, 04:36 PM   #18
Sous Chef

Just be careful!! We were playing tennis one time (myself, son, 2 cousins) and I went to swing and socked my son in the back of the head. I hit him pretty hard and we had to take a break for a little. Good thing he is tough, if it was one of the cousins we wouldnt have been playing again that night.
Old 01-23-2009, 04:39 PM   #19
Everymom

Yep, when they say you need room, believe them. I smashed my hand on a wall playing tennis. Major ow.
Old 01-23-2009, 04:41 PM   #20
Chief Eating Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
Yep, when they say you need room, believe them.
I guess I need to buy a new house to accommodate my Wii