"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-20-2010, 11:14 PM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire

i had a Siamese cat that let me bathe him by myself. it yowled piteously but usually didn't put up a fuss.

my current cat. thomas just has to stay dirty. he would just attack me. i do wipe him off from time to time and he is very clean, in his own grooming. good luck to you.

Old 01-21-2010, 01:39 AM   #12
Cupcake

Tale of Two Kitties

We have two cats and both are either rescue or had been abused. What is ironic is the older cat, who is sedate, calm, and sleeps after stretching is a holy terror to bathe. It takes two people. One would think we were killing her as we coo and make calming sounds at her. No, she doesn't like the water. No, the gentle baby shampoo is not gentle enough. No, the drying is not any better than the bath. You get the idea. In fact, she will bolt if we even spritz her with water. (And Frank wants to take this animal on a boat! But I digress.)

The younger is a lean, mean, little scrapper that is stinking cute. Unlike jello kitteh (the older), the younger is active and willing to throw down if anyone says no to her. When spritzing for wrong doing, she will sit, puff her chest and glare at you like, "Bring on the hurricane, baby! I've had worse!" (Again, I digress.)

When the younger needed a bath as her white fur looked like snow the morning after at the pound, we feared...really feared what might happen. My two nieces got towels, bandages, etc. Off they went to bathe our little devil cat. The cat batted at the water pouring from the faucet. She didn't care that they scrubbed her at the same time. And she preened when they dried her with the blow dryer! She purred for days. The older did not have anything nice to say to anyone for...well...hmm. I'm not sure we have ever been forgiven.

New learning: Pre-bath temperment has no bearing when it comes to bath time...but bathe the kitty.

~Kathleen