"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 07-07-2008, 09:22 PM   #151
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinwoods View Post
Thank you
I appreciate it.

If I had known something could hurt that bad I would have not had kids, then I would have nobody to worry about
Martin, I can certainly feel for you.......my father lost my mother to breast cancer when she was 30..... was diagnosed and already terminal at age 27.......he had 4 children with myself being the oldest at 9, then 8,6, and 3...........and then he had the army banging on his door to get his affairs in order so that they could send him to Viet Nam----he was in the 1st Calvary Division which meant that he would be in the thick of the fighting and leading his troops.......came under sniper fire twice and was awarded the Silver Star for bravery........he had to remarry and quickly......not the most motherly of people but we made do........so I can feel for you........I know that he held on for us.........

Old 07-07-2008, 09:49 PM   #152
Master Chef

by the way, my story is not meant to be a thread killer......I'm looking forward to seeing more postings.......just keep on going........this is fascinating..........:)

Old 07-07-2008, 10:08 PM   #153
Everymom

OK expatgirl. By now we are so far from the original topic we've got an entirely new theme going on. But if suzi is fine with it, i'm good too.

I can see what both SuzyQ3 and Maverick are saying about an accident on purpose. I've seen it happen too. I think most of us have. But I truly believe that those are the exception that proves the rule. Most of the ones I know about were true accidents.

I'm not very articulate at the moment. I'll come back when I am. Sorry!
Old 07-07-2008, 10:20 PM   #154
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to suziquzie
No!!! how dare you get off topic!!!
jest kidding....
chat away my friends. :)
Old 07-07-2008, 10:48 PM   #155
Master Chef

Anyone have inlaws or outlaws try and guilt you into having kids or ask you when the bundles of joys were coming???? hahaha...........I think that my DH's husband were about ready to gift us with the manual---told us that they enjoyed the pitter patter of cats' and dogs' feet but they would like to hear the pitter patter of human feet....... they were getting desperate.......then we called them with the news......my mother-in-law just about cried. and she's very level-headed like my DH...........seriously I had considered no kids.............but it was fun to reflect in their joy.........my husband's sister's son was born exactly 9 months later.......did we have them for their sakes.......no........we were ready and so were they.............
Old 07-07-2008, 10:49 PM   #156
Master Chef

I meant DH's Father was ready to gift us with the manual..........sorry.....writing too fast
Old 07-07-2008, 10:52 PM   #157
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to suziquzie
DH's dad was ready for us to have #2.... the boys are 4 years apart.
We told him I was pregnant on Father's Day in '03. He was beaming!
He then died 2 days later...... horrible horrible year.
Old 07-07-2008, 11:12 PM   #158
Master Chef

oh, so sorry to hear that, SQ...........I bet he's in heaven just laughing his head off over Lego girl.............and beaming over his 3 grandchildren................:)
Old 07-07-2008, 11:20 PM   #159
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatgirl View Post
Anyone have inlaws or outlaws try and guilt you into having kids or ask you when the bundles of joys were coming???? hahaha...
Ugh, yes. My late mother was the worst with that, the woman just wouldn't accept "no." MIL was not so militant about it, thank God, and now she's finally accepted it (it helps that my DH's little sister gave her two grandkids). Once, a woman that I didn't know well at all felt the need to remind me that "[my]clock was ticking down, so [I'd] better get busy." I was so po'd I could barely speak. When I finally could manage words, I let her know that her unsolicited advice was merely aggravating to me , since being childfree was a choice for me, but had I been someone who was struggling with infertility, it would have been downright rude and heartbreaking, and that in the future, she might want to think twice before discussing such a personal topic with someone she didn't know well. You should have seen her face!
Old 07-07-2008, 11:20 PM   #160
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatgirl View Post
I meant DH's Father was ready to gift us with the manual..........sorry.....writing too fast
The manual? Would that be the Kama Sutra? Oh wait, can I say that here?