"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 07-09-2008, 01:01 AM   #201
Everymom

What on earth is a tinklecap?

Old 07-09-2008, 01:14 AM   #202
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to suziquzie
Oh please dont tell me they now have something they charge $$ for to prevent baby boys from tinkling on you.......

Old 07-09-2008, 01:18 AM   #203
Master Chef

I'm guessing they must... never heard of or seen one before. I was lucky, my son never pee'd on me, got my wife several times though. As soon as he was born a nurse warned me about this, so I always took precautions, LOL.
Old 07-09-2008, 04:01 AM   #204
Master Chef

Believe me when I was "baptized" by one of my boy babies and had my long hair and newly applied makeup drenched I learned to cover their privates when opening their diapers........I think that it's the expectation that gets them all excited...........so their little hoses were kept covered until I had the new diaper on......got to be pretty adept at it, too....never got drenched again.......:)
Old 07-09-2008, 04:08 AM   #205
Senior Cook

[quote=buckytom;641955]

i think that i hold the record for long term engagement. i bought dw the ring in '92, and we didn't get married until '03.
i/quote]

Almost beat your record but not quite - got together in 95, engaged in 97 and married in 06.
Old 07-09-2008, 04:16 AM   #206
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saphellae View Post
Well Nick isn't getting any younger (he just turned 30 yesterday) so he told me he wants kids within the next 2-5 years. I told him I won't have kids without a ring on my finger and he agreed. So that kind of puts us on a timeline lol
Good for you, Saphie, for holding out!!!!!! Only when my daughter finally had enough of her old boyfriend who absolutely refused to get help for his depression did he beg her to get married as she had had enough....by then it was too late....for him......she's moved on.....
Old 07-09-2008, 05:15 AM   #207
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick2272 View Post
Since the subject of sons and potty training was mentioned, I wonder how many here have had the pleasure of getting peed on while changing their sons diaper? Seems like a right of passage almost, LOL.
When James's daughter was born she had to stay in the nursery for quite awhile (another baby had meningitis and there was a mess-up and all the babies had to stay for observation, spinal-taps, etc.). James would go in and see her, change her diapers, etc. Well, there was a baby boy near her bassinet. His diapers were always dry, but his mattress pad was always wet. The nurses actually accused James of tampering with his diaper. Then one day they found out what was happening. Apparently this little guy was pretty well endowed, and he was peeing out the top of his diaper, missing it altogether. I can't remember for sure, but I think James said the nurse got a little wet during that episode!

I remember babysitting a one-month-old boy when I was a teenager. Just as I reached behind me for a diaper he started peeing. I grabbed a diaper and just dropped it on top of him until he finished (it was a cloth diaper) and started fresh with a new one.

When my daughter was being potty trained, I was getting her ready for bed one night. She was lying on my bed. I undid her diaper and said, "It's time to go potty." She was so tired that she took me very literally and peed right then and there!

Barbara
Old 07-09-2008, 08:13 AM   #208
Master Chef

how funny, Barbs..........my mother would turn on the bathroom tap to get one of us tired wee ones to pee after being woken up.........worked every time........try it.......
Old 07-09-2008, 08:26 AM   #209
Chief Eating Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
What on earth is a tinklecap?
It is a little cover that goes over the boy so that if he does go then it is contained somewhat.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:44 AM   #210
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB View Post
It is a little cover that goes over the boy so that if he does go then it is contained somewhat.
My MIL, who had three boys, told me once she used a washcloth for that, and it worked fine. Jeeze, the stuff they can get people to buy these days