"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 07-09-2008, 03:07 PM   #221
Chef Extraordinaire

i'm surprised no one used the "head fake" method.

you undo the velcro and pretend to begin to take off the diaper, then quickly hold it back over the area. i never got showered, and somehow knew when my boy was about to send up the geyser as soon as the diaper was released.

this, of course, doesn't work in the bath. a well placed wetted washcloth works there.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 03:09 PM   #222
Master Chef

My brother in law at age 51 is still gross......once a gross kid......always a gross kid and he loves warting me, too........all his dogs are gross, too..........but yeah, I'll keep him......

Old 07-09-2008, 03:11 PM   #223
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom View Post

you undo the velcro and pretend to begin to take off the diaper, then quickly hold it back over the area. i never got showered, and somehow knew when my boy was about to send up the geyser as soon as the diaper was released.

this, of course, doesn't work in the bath. a well placed wetted washcloth works there.
That always worked for me........they'd get all excited and then I'd put that diaper right over them and they could firehose away............
Old 07-09-2008, 03:49 PM   #224
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to suziquzie
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom View Post
Sure, I'm all done having babies and NOW someone comes up with a name for it!!!
Old 07-09-2008, 04:57 PM   #225
Assistant Cook

See pic.....Nuff said
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	crap.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	4544  
Old 07-09-2008, 05:13 PM   #226
Senior Cook

Send a message via AIM to stinemates Send a message via MSN to stinemates Send a message via Yahoo to stinemates Send a message via Skype™ to stinemates
We didn't buy a tinklecap, I just used that word because it was a great play on words. I could be a lot more vulgar, but there's ladies about!
Old 07-09-2008, 05:53 PM   #227
Head Chef

[quote=expatgirl;642532]hey, those new disposable diapers come in handy let me tell you.......quote]

They do! I use them to poultice horses feet when they need it (for any horsey people who don't know, they are ace at drawing out pus in the foot! and the different sizez mean they come in a foot encompassing size but easily banadagable for ponies or shires!) We live i a nuts house, I ould use reusuable on a kid for greeness sake, but these for pus in the foot
Old 07-09-2008, 08:05 PM   #228
Cook

Send a message via Yahoo to darlenemt08
Quote:
Originally Posted by B'sgirl View Post
Unfortunately the question "why aren't you married?" rings in the ears of the single adults in my "culture" (religion--at least in the local area). My religion teaches that marriage is the most important thing you can do here on earth, but a lot of the adults take it too far. They pester poor single people who sincerely want to get married with that question, when it's simply that they can't find someone they would be happy to settle down with. People think they aren't "trying" hard enough. But hey, if they haven't found someone they aren't compatible with, there isn't much they can do about it. Although I think people are starting to realize that and be more sensitive to them.

And as far as that question goes pertaining to people who are living together and not married--I guess I'd ask the same question. Why not get married? (Of course, my religion teaches abstinence before marriage so that would be the main reason for that ).

I hope I'm not breaking taboo here by mentioning religion. I'm not trying to preach, I just couldn't really answer the question without mentioning it a little. No one here is obligated to live my the rules of my religion.

My older sister & I get fed up with the questions about why we're not married & having kids. My sister "came out" about 5 or 6 yrs. ago. That went over OK with our family a little at that time but since then, part of us can't get together anymore...a mess. Well anyway, she could do without kids but she'd be willing to be with a partner who's got kids. I'm willing to marry a guy with kids. My sister said that she'd put him through the ringer to make sure he was right for me 'cause if he isn't, she'd forbid me to see him again. LOL I HIGHLY respect her opinion and take a lot of advice from her.

I can't understand why people INSIST we HAVE to get married and HAVE kids. Can't they understand that we are happy being single and enjoy having our dogs as "kids"? Yes, we both want that special somebody in our lives but in the meantime, we can enjoy ourselves. We both spend time with a few of our nieces & nephews. That's enough kids for us every once in awhile. LOL

People think I'm too old-fashioned but I was raised that a person is a virgin until their wedding night. I can't say that I'll always stay that way 'cause a special guy might come along and then we're in bed. So, I can't say it 'won't' or 'can't' happen.

I wonder the same question about people who just live together and not get married. I want a marriage certificate instead of just living together. I've read about people who can't get married 'cause of their financial situation. Some people can't get married 'cause they'll lose benefits or whatever. So, a couple continues to live together. It's harder on the partner if the other dies and wasn't included in the will by accident.

However way I live my life is between God & me, NOT anybody else. If I choose marriage &/or kids, that MY business and NOT anybody else's. I want people to be happy for those of us who aren't married &/or don't have kids. Just remember that when we're invited, PLEASE allow us to bring a friend/partner 'cause it's not always allowed. The invites just says our names and does NOT include bringing a friend, whether same sex or not. That last little bit is a touchy subject in our family...won't say no more on it.

Darlene
Old 07-09-2008, 08:19 PM   #229
Master Chef

[quote=lulu;642625]
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatgirl View Post
hey, those new disposable diapers come in handy let me tell you.......quote]

They do! I use them to poultice horses feet when they need it (for any horsey people who don't know, they are ace at drawing out pus in the foot! and the different sizez mean they come in a foot encompassing size but easily banadagable for ponies or shires!) We live i a nuts house, I ould use reusuable on a kid for greeness sake, but these for pus in the foot
Well, after seeing that diaper dry up that puddle why not pus......I believe it
Old 07-09-2008, 08:25 PM   #230
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by darlenemt08 View Post
My older sister & I get fed up with the questions about why we're not married & having kids. My sister "came out" about 5 or 6 yrs. ago. That went over OK with our family a little at that time but since then, part of us can't get together anymore...a mess. Well anyway, she could do without kids but she'd be willing to be with a partner who's got kids. I'm willing to marry a guy with kids. My sister said that she'd put him through the ringer to make sure he was right for me 'cause if he isn't, she'd forbid me to see him again. LOL I HIGHLY respect her opinion and take a lot of advice from her.

I can't understand why people INSIST we HAVE to get married and HAVE kids. Can't they understand that we are happy being single and enjoy having our dogs as "kids"? Yes, we both want that special somebody in our lives but in the meantime, we can enjoy ourselves. We both spend time with a few of our nieces & nephews. That's enough kids for us every once in awhile. LOL

People think I'm too old-fashioned but I was raised that a person is a virgin until their wedding night. I can't say that I'll always stay that way 'cause a special guy might come along and then we're in bed. So, I can't say it 'won't' or 'can't' happen.

I wonder the same question about people who just live together and not get married. I want a marriage certificate instead of just living together. I've read about people who can't get married 'cause of their financial situation. Some people can't get married 'cause they'll lose benefits or whatever. So, a couple continues to live together. It's harder on the partner if the other dies and wasn't included in the will by accident.

However way I live my life is between God & me, NOT anybody else. If I choose marriage &/or kids, that MY business and NOT anybody else's. I want people to be happy for those of us who aren't married &/or don't have kids. Just remember that when we're invited, PLEASE allow us to bring a friend/partner 'cause it's not always allowed. The invites just says our names and does NOT include bringing a friend, whether same sex or not. That last little bit is a touchy subject in our family...won't say no more on it.

Darlene
hang in there, Darlene.........sounds like there are a lot of issues going on here......I do care.........ok?...........man, I've been thru fire with my kids.....I know better than anyone to not stand back and judge......learned to go with the flow..........difficult for a control freak but doable.......