"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Old 07-21-2006, 12:41 AM   #11
Master Chef
Oh Dove...........my heart goes out to her, you and all her loved ones. Such a sad time for you all. Huge hugs! My prayers are going up. Such a heavy load the caregiver must be caring having made such a mistake. I hope it was unintentional that the caregiver neglected to mention it. Is it possible she/he was scared and just didn't think about it and just wanted her to receive care quickly.

Se non supporta il calore, vattene dalla cucina!
SizzlininIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 04:37 AM   #12
Sous Chef
I don't really know you but... I'm so sorry. Thats a sad thing to happen. I'll pray, and if you do to she'll get better. They always get better when someone really needs them too.

Noncooks think it's silly to invest two hours' work in two minutes' enjoyment; but if cooking is evanescent, so is the ballet. -Julia Child
Banana Brain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 06:46 AM   #13
Head Chef
Dove, so sorry to hear about your friend Lorraine. She is lucky to have you as a friend. I do hope she doesn't suffer. (((prayers sent)))
thumpershere2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 08:36 AM   #14
Executive Chef
Send a message via Yahoo to Michelemarie
Dove, you are in my thoughts and prayers. I'm sorry to hear of your sorrows.
Michele Marie
Michelemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 06:22 PM   #15
DC Grandma
Thanks to all of you..it is hard to see her like this.
Food and water are being with held so I Pray it won't be too long. When I saw her last at the hospital I left a note ( her family left me alone with her to say good bye) My note said " Good Bye My Dear Friend, I love You." She lives (lived ?) just a few blocks from me..I don't know if I will go over to see her. Her daughter said today if I wanted to I could come over anytime. They are such a strong Catholic family..I think I make them feel helpless because all I can do is hold her hand and cry. If she can hear me (?) I don't want her to hear me do that. Can you all understand that ?? We are both diabetic and I have found this not only brings on a migraine but my blood sugar goes up.

For all of you who have know me for the past several years you know I was looking for a better year in "06"...so read what is on the bottom of my posts...I really do feel that way.
May I always be the person my dog thinks I am.

Walk towards the Sunshine and the Shadows will fall behind you!
Dove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 06:59 PM   #16
Executive Chef
Marge, I am so sorry. I'm glad you left that note for her but something tells me that she knows you love her.
Please spay and neuter your pets. The Animal Rescue Site
Half Baked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 07:56 PM   #17
Senior Cook
Send a message via Yahoo to goodgiver
life support

Originally Posted by Dove
After spending last Monday with my group of senior friends and then going out to lunch...I learned on Tuesday my dearest friend of all had a massive stroke Monday night and her Caregiver didn't tell the Paramedics that she did not want to be resuscitated. They did and now she is in a coma...They are sending her home today...I just don't know how long she will last with out food or water.

I prayed so hard that she would wake up but after seeing our Dr. today he said there is no hope..she will go on but he can't say when. I have shed enough tears to float a Battleship. We have been very close for 20 years. I now Pray that it will be soon ...go in Peace my dear friend.
Marge I sure do hope you have your house in order. A good example of why no matter what our age that we should hve our houses in order. ((((((((((((((((((((((((( MARGIE )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
At my age Happy Hour means a nap in the afternoon
goodgiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 09:21 PM   #18
Oh Marge, I'm so sorry. Praying for both you and Lorraine. Thank goodness you can come and share some of your burden here dear lady. We will take up as much as we can for you.
You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. Robin Williams
Alix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 12:59 PM   #19
Chef Extraordinaire
Thinking of you, Marge. Hugs.
Kool Aid - Think before you drink.
mudbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 03:22 PM   #20
Master Chef
I'm sorry to hear that, Marge..
I hope she won't suffer to long and find a peaceful end of a long and filled life...

LiGruess cara ~~~ Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
cara is offline   Reply With Quote