No Life Support

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am sorry to hear that marge. I will pray for her and you. I am glad you know the Lord. I know I could never get through times like that without His care and love.

This should be a wake-up call to all of us to really make sure our loved ones are very clear on what we want. The thought that maybe my loved ones might spend the rest of their lives paying for me to be a vegetable for years at their expense, when I specifically want to go more naturally is disgusting to me. To each his own, but this has made me remember to sit down and re-write my will.

Dear Marge,

I can really feel for you. My 78 year old mother-in-law is in the hospital after a serious fall. Been back and forth for the past month--not doing well at all--you name it, spin it on the rolodex and she's had it--she told us yesterday that she wanted to join her "boyfriend" in the sky (so everyone can certainly understand the anger and frustration of being denied the dignity and respect to go when they have left that wish and then having those wishes denied). All prayers and well-wishes go with her on her next journey.

Goodgiver,
Yes we do have our house in order...While we were in the hospital with my hip replacement and DH's broken Femur bone I had my son get in touch with an Elder Law Attorney. After several visits all is taken care of.

My friend went peacefully Sat. morning. Her services will be Thursday morning.

I am so glad I have you all to talk to.
Marge

I'm soory to hear of your friends passing Marge. I know how it hurts and how much you will miss her. As long as loved ones are in our hearts and thoughts they are not far away..You are both blessed to have and to be such loving friends.

kadesma

Marge, I'm so sorry for your loss. I know Thursday will be so hard for you--remember we're all here for you, waiting with lots of hugs.:flowers:

I'm so sorry for your loss Marge. Thank God though you had her in your life for as long as you did though. Thats how I get through the loss of my parents and brother......I couldn't even imagine not knowing them or having them in my life for 1 day and look at all the years I did have there here with me on earth. My prayers to you and all her loved ones and family to help you get through this sorrowful time.

NOTE: If any of you have a living will. Be sure to carry a copy in your wallet and in your glove box and let your loved ones know. Also, you might also think of putting on a small paper your medical history/medications and emergency contact numbers and put these in your wallet and glove box also. Let your loved ones know they are there. And finally, if you have a cellphone program into your phone an Emergency Number. For contact name put Emergency Contact and then their name.

Back
Top Bottom