No more Twinkies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wasn't really sure what you were referring to, until I Googled up the story. For anyone else who is as in the dark as I was, here's more info:

No More Twinkies, Ever? - Project Economy News Story - WCVB Boston

I haven't eaten a Twinkie or Wonder Bread in maybe 40 years, so I guess I won't miss them, either. Come to think of it, we didn't even really eat that much of it when I was a kid.

EDIT: I had to laugh when I saw the abstract from CBS News: "Hostess is getting ready to file for chapter 11 bankruptcy blaming high labor costs and rising prices of sugar and flower for putting the company in debt..."

Flower? :ermm: :LOL:

Last edited:
I guess I better try that deep-fried Twinkies thing before it is too late....

As a kid I thought twinkies were great, but ate one recently and was really let down, has the product changed drastically or have my taste buds changed? I remember a nice soft cake with a really light sweet filling. What I got was a coarse cake with a blah, thick filling.

For the record, they may not shut down operations, likely only restructuring debt. If they can't do that, they could sell off the Twinkie patents, if not the entire Twinkie operations.

Local radio talk show host speculated that their problem was focusing too much attention on Ho-ho's, and not enough on Ding Dongs.

Maybe another company will make a similar sort of cake.

Maybe Little Debbie will pick them up.
My dog loves Little Debbie she's worth stealing for. :LOL:

img_1095139_0_075e2ae9f17c3046ab89d7c6b7f20b18.jpg

Hostess filed for Chapter 11, reorganization. That doesn't mean they're going out of business. They could reorganize, get out from under their debt, and become profitable again.

Given the half-life of a Twinkie, I'm sure there is a time capsule, that was laid down 40 some years ago, filled to the brim. 10K years from now an alien archeologist will find them just as "fresh" as the day they were packaged.:ROFLMAO:

Craig

Back
Top Bottom