No veggies or grains - once a week

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was thinking of picking one day a week I would eat nothing but meat.
I dont see the point in having a day like that. Is it just a weird boredom killer or is there something meaningful here that I do not see?

Pacanis,
I love your idea - and so does DH.. he could live on steaks only I thing.. ,o))

Wuerstchen, Bacon and meatballs for breakfast would be a good start into the day..

I think I read somewhere that if it's wrapped in bacon, it is no longer
a veggie?

My dessert: Chocolate dipped bacon, from a Dinner Impossible episode.

I recently went to a High Tea at Liberace's home. Oddly enough this High Tea served hors d'oeveres and one of them was a scrumptious bacon wrapped asparagus. We couldn't stop eating them til I suddenly realized that I had eaten 6 slices of bacon. Pure heaven. Hey, I'll die with a smile on my face and bacon breath.

I saw a show once where a restaurant specialized in battered, deep fried bacon. I hope they served Lipitor with their after dinner mints.

DQ, I've seen bacon wrapped asparagus on one of the BBQ boards. Very tasty looking. Thanks for reminding me of this again.

Why do I feel this is a response to Sattie's meatless days?

I love meat, I would probably go for an all meat day. BTW - potato is a carb not a veg in the official list. You could have cheese & bacon stuffed potatoe skins.

:)You could do like the Romans did stuff a calf with a pig then a lamb then a chicken then a rabbit and inside of rabbit a dormouse and so on. You wont need a vomitorium since it will be just you and so your bathroom should be quite adequate that way you can go back and eat meat all night long.;):ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I dont see the point in having a day like that. Is it just a weird boredom killer or is there something meaningful here that I do not see?

You just have to hang around here more often! It was a play on sattie's meatless day she was planning for one day a week.

miniman said:
BTW - potato is a carb not a veg in the official list
Yes, that is true - we're just jokin' around here. :chef:

And as for the bacon-wrapped asparagus - I take a few steamed pieces of asparagus and wrap in bacon but I tie a knot in the bacon. This can also be done with fresh steamed green beans. Bake at I think about 375 degrees until the bacon is done. YUMMY!

Last edited:
I've had proscuitto-wrapped asparagus. MMMMM Tasty!

How about wrapping some meat items in caul fat? Would that be as tasty as bacon? Probably not......

On the gripping hand, I don't think a turducken would qualify, as traditionally there are three different kinds of stuffings that are stuffed into the birds as well.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom