No veggies or grains - once a week

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pacanis

Chef Extraordinaire
I was thinking of picking one day a week I would eat nothing but meat.
Does anyone have any ideas of one meat that would compliment another? Would I be better with bacon as a main course and ham as a side for breakfast, or just the opposite? For dinner, would a couple chicken wings be OK to have with a steak, or maybe a hamburger patty instead? With a couple pork chops as an appetizer.
I don't want to become a true carnivore, yet, but I'm looking for any all meat meal ideas. BTW, I don't want to substitute fish for grains or veggies, but chicken or pork would be OK.

:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:
For you sattie ;)

You are such a brat! :LOL:

I suggest you take a sausage, stuff it into a cornish hen, wrap the cornish hen in bacon, and cook it all in duck fat. :chef:

And larry - we do NOT discuss soy chicken anymore! :ermm:

oooh, like a one pot meal, only made in a cornish hen.
Thanks kitchenelf!

:ROFLMAO:

LOL!!!
Must be on the Adkins diet now?

How about Turducken? A chicken inside a duck inside a turkey.
Deep fried?
Bacon wrapped?
maybe a chunk of cheese as a side dish?
I'd say a potato but then you'd be eating a (GASP!) veggie.

Suzi - I think if you put enough butter, sour cream, and cheese on a potato it negates the veggie factor and becomes a dairy product! Then you can top that dairy product with bacon crumbles. :chef:

Great suggestions, Suzi! As always.
I'm just trying to do my part for the environment by reducing the methane gas produced by farm animals. I figure if I can take one night a week to eat meat, meat, and more meat, it's a start.

;)

I think you all meat days should have a theme.

A meat day would focus on one animal, say pig. For breakfast you could have a bacon tasting - smoked American bacon, Canadian bacon, pancetta - served with a pork gravy dipping sauce.

For lunch a ham sampler - prosciutto, serrano ham, virginia ham, baked ham followed with BBQ Spam lollipops for dessert.

Dinner! Pork chops fried in lard, pork tenderloin cutlets milanese, chitlins, and cracklings. Served with sausage gravy.

For dessert, pickled pigs feet.

Just trying to help you with your selfless support of the meat industry of America. I these troubled times, we all have to do our part.

I think the latest craze is for you. I forgot what they are calling it, but it is a turdurkin wrapped in bacon. I think they are calling it something like a turbacondurkin :)

Hmmm! Interesting thread and one close to my heart. Buck and I are/were huge carnivores. Let me see if I can contribute.

For starters, steak tartare, followed by a wonderful rich beef broth topped with toasted croutons and cheese - a take on French onion soup, sans onions. As an entree, a perfectly grilled 1 1/2-inch steak of your choice. I think my "side" would have to be a big basket of fried thinly-cut chicken strips (aka French fries). Dessert? Let's see. How 'bout a big cocktail of Beefeater gin?

Love meat!!!!

Is there any way I can give pacanis 'MEANIE' points????? :LOL::LOL:

Ok.. the cornish hen stuffed with sausage sounds absolutely wonderful!!!

BEEF eater gin! What a great side, Katie! :LOL:Word, Andy. Just trying to do my part :rolleyes:
Wrap it in bacon. I'm there, GB!

I love this thread!
It brought a much needed smile to my face last night.
You guys are great. :)
Methane gas and Beefeater..... LOL!

Breakfast - Sausage wrapped un ham slices, with aon overwrap of bacon.

Lunch - Several varieties of lunch meat, Chheese if it is allowed, some mustard and baybe butter, NO BREAD of course.

Dinner - Large cut pork chops butterflied and stuffed with a boneless ribeye and bacon wrapped. Side dish would be the thin cut fried chicken strips. For desert - Fish sticks (Are they meat enough?) wash it all down with pured hamburger in beef gravy.

Yum!

I think I read somewhere that if it's wrapped in bacon, it is no longer
a veggie?

My dessert: Chocolate dipped bacon, from a Dinner Impossible episode.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom