No Water? I'm going crazy!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bebopdobop

Assistant Cook
Ok, we had to get the water shut off to fix a leaking cistern on the roof. Ugh. They said they were coming yesterday, so I didn't do the laundry that I needed to do yesterday. And guess what, they didn't show up until today. So now I really need to do laundry (and other cleaning, dishes etc.) and there is not a drop of water.:mad: Good thing that we buy jugs of water (this is Mexico, where we jokingly refer to the tap water as rat water). Now I'm washing my hands with purified water. What a waste. I can't wait until this is fixed. But it has to be done. Had a leak in a doorway for about a week now. Constant dripping. Not good. I just hope that its done sometime soon. :wacko:

All I can say is bless your heart. You can always use paper plates, and go to a laundromat or a friends to wash your clothes, but you can't flush the commode, either. I've been there, and a 5 gallon bucket with a plastic trash bag in it will work in a pinch.

How dreadful, bebopdobop. We've all been there at one time or another but it still sucks! (And it never seems to happen just after we finished all the dishes and laundry and everyone has had a long hot shower.)

We have a well. The water is driven by an electric submersible pump. The well water is fantastic, great quality water. But when electricity goes out, or the pump dies and I have to replace it (has happen twice in the 15 years I've lived here), it's a real pain not having water. I know what you're going through. But at the very least, be happy that you don't have to manually pull a 40 pound pump, with pipe, from a 90 foot well. At 52 years young, this is quite a chore.:huh: Hope I don't have to do it for another ten years (and then I might just have to hire a neighbor kid to help me haul it out of the well:LOL:).

Be of good cheer. You will soon have water again. Isn't it amazing how we take it for granted until we don't have it?

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

We had the water in the street turned off for a few hours at the beginning of the month. I was lucky in the end. I got sick and all I could do was go to bed and go to sleep for the duration, I woke up just in time for the water to be switched back on again.

I hope you get your water back soon. I know it's not as fun when you can't choose like you can when you are camping, but you could pretend.. :} Good luck!!

Yes! Its back. Took a nice long hot shower! Got to go put some laundry on. Unfortunately there is still a bit of a leak, but hopefully, it will dry up. I'm so happy to have it back. Thanks for all of your well-wishing!

Back
Top Bottom