"Non" venting thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pacanis

Chef Extraordinaire
A while back I was asking about HD TVs.
Then I vented on one thing or the other (don't remember) about either Circuit City failing to hold to a price on the TV I was looking into getting, but I wanted to read some online reviews first, or it may have been when I finally ordered it from Amazon, them losing my order, then shipping my TV all over the country, then saying it was in one place only for me to find out it hadn't even shipped yet :mad: And even the trucking outfit said I should have had it Feb 1.....

Well guess what? After Amazon's "specialty shipping tracking department" had told me it was being delivered to the nearest city "that day" and they would call me for delivery... sometime last week.... it's FINALLY HERE! They just called to schedule delivery!

Too bad for them I already received the same model TV from another online supplier a couple days ago, just 4 or 5 days after ordering it. :LOL:

I feel like I just "stuck it to the man" ;) Amazing how little things can brighten one's day :)

Okay, wait, you already got another tv from someone else, so the one that Amazon was sending you, you don't need? Make sure your not charged for it.
Other than that, I love when things work out like that LOL

Oh I already contacted my cc co and the money has been credited back to me.
I'm not even going through accepting it and contacting Amazon to return it, what they prefer.... they strung me along too long as it was. And last time I accepted something that I had a feeling was wrong, I had to live around five boxes in my way for 2 weeks before Amazon had them picked up.

I'm hoping my little stunt will wake someone up over there and get them back to the great customer service they used to have. Probably not, but you never know.

COOL!!! I'm glad you got your TV, wish you could have had it when you wanted it though, but, now you have it for NASCAR!!!! LOL

Sad part is you WONT ever know if you taught them a lesson... but hopefully you did!
Enjoy that TV!

Well, the Superbowl wasn't in HD anyway, but I missed all the replays on the NFL Network by this time :(

Nascar will do! And if it won't.....
next time I see someone who works for Amazon.com's shipping dept, I'm going to get up behind them, get them loose, and put 'em into the wall! :LOL:

aubrey made me laugh

my granddaughter called last evening and said she need a baby sitter for an hour. of course i said. aubrey is nineteen months. she is a pistol. dances, makes sound of cat, dog and duck.

she made me laugh and brought many memories of my children at that age.

babe

Well, the Superbowl wasn't in HD anyway, but I missed all the replays on the NFL Network by this time :(

Nascar will do! And if it won't.....
next time I see someone who works for Amazon.com's shipping dept, I'm going to get up behind them, get them loose, and put 'em into the wall! :LOL:

NASCAR on HD?? On my way....

NASCAR on HD?? On my way....

Hopefully... I guess it depends what channel it's broadcast on, but I here it won't be long before the local channels are are in HD and not just digital. That will open up a bunch of sports in HD :)

Comcast has it here on HD, feel free to send the TV here anytime! LOL. Also it was my understanding they are moving to all HD end of this year?
Comcast said it won't effect any TV on thier digital receiver, which we have two that are. Don't know about the other two, guess I will find out when the time comes.
DW does NOT view an HD TV is a requirement... poor misguided soul that she is.:LOL:

I don't know about all HD. I do know they are all going to a digital signal, which isn't the same as HD. For instance, my nearby city has four stations, all broadcasting digital, but none in HD. Some places do have network stations that broadcast in HD.
I'm sure it's only a matter of time though.

That is right. Digital and HD are two different things. In Feb 0f 09 all TV signals will have to go digital. That has nothing to do with HD.

All the major networks are required to be in HD already. Before you know it, the majority of people will be viewing HD and regular TV will be like what black and white TV is now.

Then I guess I will be among the 'black and white' crowd, unless they bring their prices down to something a little more reasonable.
Which they probably would have already if the networks and consumers weren't being forced into it...

I think you might still be a little confused Maverick. The networks and consumers are not being forced into HD. That is still just an extra option that you have. If you want to stay with regular def then you still have that option and no one is talking about getting rid of it.

Prices on HD will start to come down. They have already dropped dramatically, but bigger drops will happen too, just like what happened when computers first came out.

It's giving me a headache! LOL. So how does going digital effect me? Will all of my TV's have to have a digital converter to work now?
I know my computer's analog TV tuner will no longer work... grrrrr.

It's giving me a headache! LOL. So how does going digital effect me? Will all of my TV's have to have a digital converter to work now?
I know my computer's analog TV tuner will no longer work... grrrrr.
:) If you have cable or satellite tv you will have no problems if you still use an outside antenna you need a converter the government is issuing coupons for $40.00 the converter can cost between $40.00 -$70.00 you can get them at Walmart,Radio Shack etc

I am sorry, I know I am being a pain and hijacked the thread. I guess what I am trying to figure out is if all of my TVs will work hooked straight up to cable, or if they will need the cable companies converter boxes to work. I ask because they charge $5 per converter, first one free. I have two converters and four TV's hooked up. So right now I am paying $5 for the two I have, if they all need the converters from the cable company then it will go up to $15.
I don't have an aerial antenna anymore, but still have the dual LNB DirectTV dish on top of the roof. I know if I go back to DirectTV each TV would need a receiver, just wondering if the same will be true for hooking them up to cable. I though some TV's did come with digital tuners built in?
Believe it or not, I did ask the cable company and they couldn't even tell me for sure!

From my understanding you will either need a digital TV (different from HDTV) or you will need a digital converter. The converter will be a one time charge. You will buy it and own it. I think you will be able to use that regardless of cable service, but I am not positive.

Thanks guys for all the info, at least now I know which questions to ask, and have an idea of how to deal with this when the time comes. I think first I need to check to see if my two newest TV's have digital tuners or analog tuners. Probably analog my luck.
But at least it doesn't seem as confusing or prohibitive as I thought it might be.

Back
Top Bottom