NOOK-Library Downloads

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
I have been downloading books onto my nook from the library. It's a two-step process that involves my Mac. First you down load from the library to my MAC then from the mac to the Nook through a USB cable.

It was working great until recently then it stopped working. I can get the book onto my Mac but it won't load properly to the Nook.

The library folks want me to reboot my Nook, wiping all the contents, and start over. I can save my books to a file on the Mac but I'm hoping for a simpler solution.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

Not with that specifically, but it's possible that something has gone wrong with the USB cable. Have you tried another one?

It's a specific to the nook cable. USB at one end and a mini usb (I think) at the other end. I don't have another.

When I try to transfer the book from the Mac to the Nook, A space is reserved for the book, It shows the title and if I touch it, I then get an error message. So the transfer is incomplete.

Andy... I use Overdrive for Kindle..

A quick look tells me that there is also Overdrive for Mac.. I don't know if that system would be of help to you..

For my system, books are loaded directly to the Kindle from the library..

Ross

Himself has been using Overdrive for years, too. First on his Samsung tablet, now on whatever he has from Amazon. No problems with it on either of those devices.

Good luck with getting your stuff to work, Andy.

Back
Top Bottom