"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 08-27-2008, 06:37 PM   #1
Master Chef

Nose piercing is stuck!!!

they placed a sorta wiry nosering & twisted that & i'm baffled cause it's stuck!. do i see my doc, or my piercer, & have them cut that wire, or should i find some reallypetite tinsnips (kidding) or....
guys, i'm likely starting cooking school again soon, & they disallow piercings.
i'm entering panic mode. i'm just gonna get a retainer fer my piercing to stay open when i get itout!!!
if you've a similar piercing, please respond!!!
thanks, luvs

Old 08-27-2008, 06:41 PM   #2
Master Chef

Sorry I can't help except to say maybe try the piercer first then the doc. I wouldn't try anything myself. There would be too big a chance of infection or tearing if it doesn't go well. Good Luck! Hope you get things figured out!

Old 08-27-2008, 06:44 PM   #3
The Dude Abides

Send a message via AIM to TATTRAT Send a message via Yahoo to TATTRAT Send a message via Skype™ to TATTRAT
How old is the piercing? It is common for new ones to "seize", but will loosen up in the shower, or if soaked down with mouth wash.
Old 08-27-2008, 07:25 PM   #4
Master Chef

like 3 months, maybe 5. my piercing is not seiezed, it's just there's a twisty wire inside of my nose.
swwet, though, i just pulled on my nosering after a bath & she slid out!!!

you're awesome, tat!
Old 08-27-2008, 07:29 PM   #5
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
they disallow piercings

okay then why did you get it luvs ?
Old 08-27-2008, 07:38 PM   #6
Master Chef

cause i was not a current student at school & wasn't aware that i'd be returning so soon. a buncha those guys at school just used retainers fer thier piercings, anyway. i didn't expect them to twist my piercing so i couldn't remove/retain it!!!
Old 08-27-2008, 09:28 PM   #7
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by TATTRAT View Post
How old is the piercing? It is common for new ones to "seize", but will loosen up in the shower, or if soaked down with mouth wash.
what kind of mouthwash, cause it's tight again, & i can't just bathe when i want it removed. great itworked tonite, though!!
swab mouthwash on or???
calling my piercer tomorrow. getting a different nosering.
thanks, tat.
Old 08-27-2008, 09:36 PM   #8
The Dude Abides

Send a message via AIM to TATTRAT Send a message via Yahoo to TATTRAT Send a message via Skype™ to TATTRAT
mouthwash is good for cleaning piercings because it is ok for "internal usage"...ask your guy(or gal)what kinda metal it is, some are absorbed by the body, that is why a lot of rods/gauges/posts/plugs are nobium.

Could be too that you have cooled down, and "tightened up", sounds silly, but it is true. Nose piercings are funny, and act up more then others....I had my septum done a little over a decade ago, took it out after a year, but to this day, I get a little pimple there about every 8months and it brings a tear to my eye just to rub my nose. As for the wall, or side, it tends to heal very quickly! So, your body might be trying to heal round it...
Old 08-27-2008, 09:41 PM   #9
Master Chef

i know, tattrat, my lebret still gets wierd after 9 years out. my tongue was fine, though.
Old 08-27-2008, 09:45 PM   #10
The Dude Abides

Well, don't pick you nose(sorry, had to be said, lol)! if you are really skinny too, your body might fight it like an infection from what have heard. there are a great deal of variables that go into getting pierced....

If it is a p.i.t.a. now, just get rid of it, no sense in dragging it out, no pun intended.