Nose piercing is stuck!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
they placed a sorta wiry nosering & twisted that & i'm baffled cause it's stuck!. do i see my doc, or my piercer, & have them cut that wire, or should i find some reallypetite tinsnips (kidding) or....
guys, i'm likely starting cooking school again soon, & they disallow piercings.
i'm entering panic mode. i'm just gonna get a retainer fer my piercing to stay open when i get itout!!!
if you've a similar piercing, please respond!!!
thanks, luvs

Sorry I can't help except to say maybe try the piercer first then the doc. I wouldn't try anything myself. There would be too big a chance of infection or tearing if it doesn't go well. Good Luck! Hope you get things figured out!

like 3 months, maybe 5. my piercing is not seiezed, it's just there's a twisty wire inside of my nose.
swwet, though, i just pulled on my nosering after a bath & she slid out!!!

you're awesome, tat!:LOL:

cause i was not a current student at school & wasn't aware that i'd be returning so soon. a buncha those guys at school just used retainers fer thier piercings, anyway. i didn't expect them to twist my piercing so i couldn't remove/retain it!!!

How old is the piercing? It is common for new ones to "seize", but will loosen up in the shower, or if soaked down with mouth wash.

what kind of mouthwash, cause it's tight again, & i can't just bathe when i want it removed. great itworked tonite, though!!
swab mouthwash on or???
calling my piercer tomorrow. getting a different nosering.
thanks, tat.

mouthwash is good for cleaning piercings because it is ok for "internal usage"...ask your guy(or gal)what kinda metal it is, some are absorbed by the body, that is why a lot of rods/gauges/posts/plugs are nobium.

Could be too that you have cooled down, and "tightened up", sounds silly, but it is true. Nose piercings are funny, and act up more then others....I had my septum done a little over a decade ago, took it out after a year, but to this day, I get a little pimple there about every 8months and it brings a tear to my eye just to rub my nose. As for the wall, or side, it tends to heal very quickly! So, your body might be trying to heal round it...

i know, tattrat, my lebret still gets wierd after 9 years out. my tongue was fine, though.

Well, don't pick you nose(sorry, had to be said, lol)! if you are really skinny too, your body might fight it like an infection from what have heard. there are a great deal of variables that go into getting pierced....

If it is a p.i.t.a. now, just get rid of it, no sense in dragging it out, no pun intended.

i'm kinda really thin. hmmmm, hadn't heard of that!!

i'm probably not gonna ditch my piercing till my Chef instructors say to. it's so subtle i seriously don't think you could notice unless you were looking. i was figuring i'd trim pieces of dot band-aids & place them over it. i really like my nosering & hate to get rid of a piercing so soon. my others stayed with me fer years cause my Parents 'er pretty great & let me get pierced early.
if my piercer or doc can't remove that dab of a sparkly jewel from me, i'd be shocked. only if i get that retainer, though!!!

OK luvs, with all due respect to your new piercing don't you think the administration might have some kind of hygienic reason for disallowing piercings? I know you want to keep it, but if you really are going to be cooking for people maybe you should reconsider.

I hope I dont step on anyones toes or what ever the case
but

Culinary School is strict and they teach you the way it should be and hopfulyl someplaces are (hygene wise)

real world...... From what Ive seen...........

When Im working in the kitchen I keep up with my sanitation. Im very cautious about it

OK luvs, with all due respect to your new piercing don't you think the administration might have some kind of hygienic reason for disallowing piercings? I know you want to keep it, but if you really are going to be cooking for people maybe you should reconsider.

alix, i hear you & agree. we aren't allowed lipstick, fingernailpolish, piercings, etc., cause it's unprofessional-looking & could fall into my pot of food. went through a course called serv-safe.
i agree with my school, let me reiterate that i wasn't expecting to return so soon. i didn't plan anything till winter. then i could leave my piercing out.

ouch!

Im not into the peircing scene.
but my culinary school had the same policy. no watch, no rings, peircings etc....

i'm giggling cause an older classmate of mine said, 'so when er you gonna take our glasses?' that's something you need, & most likely to fall into your soup!:LOL:
yeah we weren't allowed stuff like rings, either.

luvs

Im trying to PM you back but your too popular

time to do some cleaning.

I guess you cant get away with not being able to see if your adding in sugar or salt. lol

Back
Top Bottom